“Girls get together - excellent value”
Review of Coppid Beech Hotel

Coppid Beech Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The hotel offers a 'girls get together' package - and I have to say this is an area it excels in. The price was £85 pp which is fantastic value considering what you get. I trawled the internet for a long long time to find something that could provide us with what we wanted all in one place i.e. somewhere to relax, eat, sleep and party and came up trumps with the Coppid Beech.

It is a strange retro looking place - the reception/lounge area is vast. When we arrived the rooms weren't ready, but this is not a problem (possibly it is if you have small children - I know that I like to get my kids to a room asap to get them settled) You can leave bags in reception.

We had lunch in the bar/lounge area - toasted panini /sandwiches style menu is the offering - about a tenner a head which is reasonable for the setting. Food is delicious and comes with fries and salad and crisps so is substantial enough. Beware the cost of alcohol though.

The waves health club is the only area that brings the hotel rating down. We were not disappointed as we got what we were expecting, but if they had the money to overhaul the pool area they could up their prices considerably. Having said that, it was all clean, but the limescale problem on the tiles around the pool area does make it look otherwise. We still enjoyed it. The pool is large, the spa is hot and bubbly, the steam room and saunas are clean and tidy, and there is a baby pool if required. There are solariums (£1 a minute up to 8 minutes) both standing and lying down. The changing rooms again need an overhaul but are perfectly adequate for purpose - the showers however seem to only provide water in 'hot' and 'very hot' so beware, especially with children.Lockers are large and need £1 coin. The gym areas (split into cardio and weights) are excellent with new equipment, althouth the TV is stranglely placed in the cardio room. You can request towels, and robes are available from your room (not much use if your room isnt ready, but worth knowing) There is also a tiny shop, so if you havent got a swimsuit you can buy one. I didnt check the prices, but its probably considerable!

We were pleasantly suprised with the high standards of the rooms. This is the only accomodation I could find that had enough twin rooms for our party. We were not in adjacent rooms, but we were all placed on the same floor. There is an ice machine if required (and a shoe shiner - a strange concept for me!). The rooms were very comfortable, and clean, and ours (240) had a balcony which was a bonus. A fridge, bathrobes, towels, iron and boad and toiletries are provided and you can ask for other items (shower cap, sewing kit etc.) at reception. The bathroom was clean and the shower powerful enough. Wireless internet is provided free. There was adequate space and you do get a few complementary soft drinks which is a nice touch. As we were 'clubbers' (and I use that term loosely - its probably the first time in a decade) we were not bothered by bass sounds and noisy guests, since we probably didnt go to bed till 3am. I would however probably worry about staying in a venue which has this facility, if I wasnt going to use it. It is all in the basement though.

Dinner was excellent. There are limited options for the package deals and you can't upgrade. You do get three courses, plus half a bottle of wine and coffee, in the Rowan restaurant which is the one we chose. You can alternatively choose the Keller, which is geared towards the more raucus parties - more of a bar than a restaurant, with food. No idea what the food options are there.
We had a choice of 3 for each course (soup/salmon/pate - chicken/salmon/veggie - chocolate cake/lemon torte/fruit salad) You also get bread (and we did request extra). The food was delicious, high quality and beautiful presentation and we couldnt complain at all. I would have like more carbs with my chicken though :)

After dinner, we headed downstairs to the keller, which had a live band playing cover music. As expected it was mostly hens and a few bewildered looking blokes. Quite raucous, quite fun atmosphere. They advertise a lot of 'shot's and do a jug of sex on the beach and various other standard bar stuff. A jug is £10 and was enough for one glass each (5 of us) A shot is £4. After last orders ( I think this was around 11) we were moved on to Apres, which is the nightclub. Again, more hens than anything, and the drinks were a bit more expensive (£6 for a cocktail) but had a good night - mixture of retro and modern tunes, and everyone is over 25.We left about 1ish I think. There was enough seating I should add to rest our tired old bones in the club!

Breakfast is 7.30 - 10.30 on a weekend. They had separated the large female parties into another function room with large round tables. We were very impressed with breakfast. Full English, (good quality) as well as mini muffins, croissants (lovely) selection of cold (meat, cheese etc) selection of fruit (fruit salad, apricots, prunes, figs etc) selection of cereals, selection of juice, tea/coffee. Eat as much as you like. We took full advantage of this.

At all times the staff were professional, courteous and friendly. They did not distinguish between the 'package' guests and the room only guests. Checkout is at noon, and you can just drop your door card off if you have no extra charges. We left very happy and I would thoroughly recommend it for their girls get together.

I should also mention there is a majestic, and a petrol station just over the road.

Room Tip: Ask if you can have a balcony room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank LynnieP
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Have stayed here on a couple of occasions and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.
I know that the standard price for a stay can be quite pricey however if you are able to take full advantage of all the facilities you will get your money's worth. I have only stayed here for quick overnight stays and so have booked at huge discounts on various sites. The room decor and comfort standards are very good so highly suitable for longer stays. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. I have used restaurant and room service facilities before and the quality and choice are excellent. The public areas are very spacious with comfortable seating to enjoy coffee or drinks. Less than half an hour's drive from the centre of Windsor.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Nicolella
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Booked a family room for one night while visiting friends. Checking -in was very quick and painless, found the room very spacious only a slight problem as the childrens beds were unmade
but a quick call to reception and within a five minutes a very apologetic lady from housekeeping was there to remedy the situtation. We used the swimming pool,sauna and steam room, which we had to ourselves. The hotel was very busy for our stay so it must be doing something right, the breakfast was not the best but suffice. The overriding feeling of the hotel as a whole is that it needs a good refurb as it is a bit ragged round the edges but would definitely think about staying there again as is was great value.

Room Tip: the family rooms are spacious and although we were directly over the nightclub, pub didn't hear...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank EastbourneCobblers
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We stayed on the fourth floor for a wedding, came back at midnight to the bass from the music in the club, apparently we could not move rooms as they were full but were offered wine and sandwiches instead- like that's going to help us get to sleep. Seriously, if a hotel is going to offer a room for the night at least advertise what you are going to get. Shocking service, I will never return and I would advise people to choose an alternative hotel

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank ratchyr
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife and I and 2 friends stayed at the Coppid Beech Hotel for one whilst at the Farnborough Airshow on Sunday. We didn't get off to good start as our rooms, which were booked at the same time, not only were Not together, but Not even on the same floor. The girl on reception did her best but could only get rooms away from each other on the same floor.
We all went down to the pool and this is where the four star tag to me falls down badly, it wasn't that clean and nor were the changing rooms, it's badly in need of some redecoration too.
I ordered a Sunday paper which didn't arrive ! I phoned reception to be told " We don't have a record that it was ordered" but it was ordered at the same time as our friends who did get theirs ?
The breakfast was so- so, but the scrammbled egg was pretty bad, when we mentioned it to the supervisior she seemed quite put out, though she did half heartedly apologise, so have boiled or poached if you can !
So in conclusion, attention to customers exact requirements are lacking for such a nice 4 star hotel..... so come on Manager get round and have a look and see what needs improvement.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MERVIN W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
4.0 km away
3.5 km away
Travelodge Bracknell Central
9.2 km away
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa

Been to Coppid Beech Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK