1,277 results
All reviews fish tank hen party keller bar jacuzzi bath live band dry ski slope girls night bit dated lounge area great night spa facilities plenty of choice full english one night stay breakfast was excellent following morning family room
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We visited the Coppid Beech Hotel on Saturday 25th. February 2012 as part of a tour group visiting the Royal Albert Hall in London. First impressions were satisfactory. As described by other visitors, this is a somewhat tired hotel: rucked carpets, chipped furniture; a hotel ready for refurb.
When we arrived at our room, the TV wasn't working. It took two 'phone calls to get someone to see to it. It didn't work so we had to move to another room.
The hotel had several wedding parties and hen nights so the bass from the hotel disco went on until well past 1.00a.m. Not good for light sleepers!
The best was yet to come!
At 2.00a.m. a drunken couple in the adjacent room began fighting. Missiles were thrown around their room. The language and shrieking were conducted at full volume. Eventually we telephoned Reception at 4.00 a.m.
The rowing quietened down but restarted soon afterwards. Speaking to other residents afterwards, people on the floor above plus the whole corridor were badly affected and lost most of their sleep through this incident.
The next morning, we registered a formal complaint with the duty manager Darren at the Reception desk. We were offered an apology but nothing else. No refund, No complementary item/facility. We strongly recommend folk avoid this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank malcolm c
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We are a family of 6 and its very difficult to find accommodation to suit 4 young children, this hotel ticks all the boxes.

Ive read reviews on here giving 2's and 3's on the ratings.

If we are here to run a fashion show then why not say so?

Yes the hotels not been built within the last year, but i rate a hotel on its people cleanliness service, hence the 5!

Very helpful people from booking through to handing the keys back.

Receptions modern and friendly.

The room we stay in is huge clean and yes i must say teh wall papers not to my satisfaction (i must put a complaint in so they change it next time!!)

We slept very well but i agree some beds could do with updating

If you want a good clean hotel excellent buffet breakfast in this area stay here !

Speak to one one the hundreds of Katies (:O) ) that work here !! --- I keep looking at name tags and i think they are all called Katie!!

We will stay here without a shadow of a doubt any time we are in the area and if anyone wishes to ask me directly please email me keenandbeed@talktalk.net !

Regards

The Cavanaghs

Room tip: Family suite 427
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed here for business. On first impressions it looked a little old fashioned but the staff were friendly and efficient on reception. Once I got to my room I was very disappointed, the furniture has certainly seen better days and the bed was extremely uncomfortable (I stay in a lot of hotels and this was one of the worst beds I've slept in).

We had drinks in the bar and had a huge shock when we got the bill (2 pints of beer, 2 glasses of house wine and a tonic water came to £40). The food in the restaurant was good but very little choice as they had run out of most things. Trying to get the bill split seemed very tricky to organise but we got there in the end.

This hotel has great potential but needs an awful lot spent on it to bring it up to scratch. I know it's next to an artificial ski slope and looks slightly like a swiss chalet but it doesn't quite deliver.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Apparently the Coppid Beech was built in 1994, but it feels much older than that. Everything about the place is worn out and shabby, from the pink carpets in the hallways and on the stairs, to the chipped and scruffy bedroom furniture. The bathrooms seem extremely dated - patterned tiles and cheap looking toilet, sink, bath and shower. And the towels felt like they could be the original ones from when the hotel was built! Even the kettle in the room and the tea cups look cheap, but this place is not cheap, over £100 per night for a standard room.

I had varying experiences with the staff during my stay, they were friendly and efficient on reception, the cleaners always said hello and smiled, but I found the bar and restaurant staff very unfriendly.

Another negative of this hotel is the location, you cannot really walk anywhere of value. Wokingham could maybe be walked in about half an hour, but the journey would not be pedestrian friendly, and the centre of Bracknell and Bracknell station would take a similar time to walk, but who wants to go out in Bracknell anyway?! There is a bus that goes past the front of the hotel, which goes to Reading in one direction and I think just Bracknell in the other direction, but I believe it is quite an infrequent service. There is a Shell petrol station and a wine shop opposite the hotel, but not much else.

Overall, not impressed, wont be staying here again if I can help it, and do not recommend! stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank AFCW
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I'm a bit torn between giving it 3 or 4 stars, it's a bit above "average" but it's not "very good" - Trip advisor needs to let us give a good rating! The main problem is that the hotel is dated and in need of refurbishment and the food is just ok. I'm staying here while on a course in Wokingham - 10 mins by car. I've eaten breakfast and had Dinner from room service and the Bier Keller, none of it has been spectacular but none of it bad either, there is a good range of food available for breakfast if you go for the buffet. However in search of a better meal, i went into Wokingham for dinner last night where there is a much wider range of eateries available and there's nothing much in the immediate vicinity.
On the plus side, i have to say the staff and the service are excellent, everyone i have dealt with has been extremely polite, helpful and give the impression they want you to have a good stay. The hotel is clean and my room has been immaculate. There are tea and coffee facilities in the room and complimentary soft drinks in the room fridge. You have use of the Waves fitness club and the Gym looks well equipped, the pool is clean, warm and a decent size and there is a Steam room, Sauna and Jacuzzi, it just all looks dated and past it's heyday. I've seen another review that says the hotel has undergone refurbishment but like them, i haven't seen any indication of that.
All in all, i would stay here again if in the area without complaint but my intention is to try some other hotels next time, there must be better!

Date of stay: January 2012