1,277 results
All reviews fish tank hen party keller bar jacuzzi bath live band dry ski slope girls night bit dated lounge area great night spa facilities plenty of choice full english one night stay breakfast was excellent following morning family room
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stayed here for three nights a weekend or so ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. All the facilities were excellent and the service was first class, friendly and courteous. Bedroom was very comfortable with all facilities. The swimming pool was fine and the spa pool most enjoyable. The only fault I would mention is that the hospitality tray was not refilled each day and we had to request more teabags etc. Also, and this is such a minor thing, it would be nice of flat screen TV's could be supplied for the bedrooms.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Initially I was impressed, but closing the mai restuarant on one of the evenings let me down. I then had to dine in one og their restuarant in the basement where the service for very poor. I had to wait 45 minutes just for french fries.
Other than it was ok, but a bit pricey

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel because everything else in the area was booked up due to fashion week. I'm sure the hotel was once very nice. It's a pity that management haven't bothered to upgrade anything nor decorate. The executive suite was very large but incredibly dark because of lack of lighting. The two tiny televisions had very few non pay channels, the bathroom looked great at first glance until you tried the jacuzzi tub and found the taps almost impossible to use. The tiny shower smelled of mould or having been cleaned by a dirty rag. The worn carpet and furniture added to the general depressing feeling. Breakfast consisted of the usual cooked and non cooked but the egg like substance hadn't been cooked and was part liquid, the fruit was preserved but even that didn't stop it going brown. The final straw was the body odour of one of the waiters. At that point I left. Good parts of the hotel are the very nice front desk staff and the friendly, efficient waitresses in the basement bar. The food there was nice too. Anyway four days into an eight day stay a room became available at the Reading Hilton, so I managed to escape. I have spent over 100 nights at hotels this year, this was the worst. Avoid this place.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel on a dance weekender in August 2011 and were impressed with the standard of the rooms and food.

The room was spacious, with its own balcony, tea and coffee making facilities, and a sizeable bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable and the sheets very soft.

The best thing about the hotel was the food! We ate all meals there as part of the package and not only was there a good choice and range of options, but it was incredibly tasty food. The waitresses and waiters were very polite and seated us promptly upon arrival.

We bought a couple of drinks in the bar and found that it was quite pricey - over £5 for a single spirit and mixer, but this seems to be normal hotel prices these days.

I'd recommend trying to be in a room away from the club/dance floors downstairs if an event is going on. Friends of us staying at the same time complained that they had been positioned over these rooms and that they were extremely noisy. We were 2 floors up from one of the rooms and it was fairly loud where we were too, but didn't particularly bother us.

I'd definitely go back to this hotel for a weekend away, it was lovely. Great location for the ski slope too.

Room tip: Try and get a room away from the nightclub/dance floors/rooms where events are on, as they can be noisy. Enjoy the food!
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

As girly weekends go, Coppid Beech is about average. After a frosty welcome we had an overpriced lunch - £11 for a panini & coke!
The rooms were nice with good facilities: bath & shower, hairdryer, iron, trouser press, fridge, TV with some sky chennels, balcony. Very comfy beds.
The best thing about this hotel is that ladies (& gents) can get from their rooms to the spa on basement level without having to walk through reception in their robes, a feature some similar hotels lack! The spa consists of small pool, approx 20m, a steam room, sauna, jacuzzi, mini pool (kids?) & 3 sun beds. Some very overprices spa treatments available, don't waste your money!
There is a bar & nightclub located on the basements level of the hotel. Again, this causes very little interference with the main function of the hotel as it can be accessed without going through the lobby. There is a street entrance which can be noisy from 10-2ish though.
Overall, I would stay here again but wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it.

Room tip: ask to be located away from the nightclub if you are after a quiet break.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends