All reviews value for money car parking wi fi the ground floor feel welcome handy location quiet room double bed would stay again easy access early check a great experience city centre blue elephant asked reception country comfort went out of her way
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Checked in because hotel was close to meeting venue. Friendly and efficient check in and car parking (extra). Rooms spacious and beds large and comfortable. But fitout and aircon and tv are quite dated - could not read the temp dial on the aircon. Restaurant menu is limited and no usual room service options. Chose to have breakfast elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Grandiose from the outside, this hotel disappoints on so many levels.
Positive: the rooms are large and relatively clean and comfortable, although noisy of you are on the highway side. Mine had a combination oven and a hotplate.
Washer drier facilities available.
There are food options close. Use them! Talking of food.....
Not-so-positive:
Restaurant meals are average at best. The cooked breakfast is ok. Having sampled the "authentic Sri Lankan cuisine" without being delighted I decided to try a chicken parma. Generic supermarket breast schnitzel, heart shaped (how cute...) covered in cheese, with fries and a "salad" consisting of 4 pieces of green bell pepper, 3 red, raw onion and a sprinkle of lettuce.
The bar opens from 5 to perhaps 9 if you are lucky, and the service varies from "help yourself" to something more like a real bar.
There is no daily room service.
The free in house internet access is an absolute joke. I blew my allowance 4 minutes into my first skype call - being here on business makes this problematic, but a paid option is available and works well.
When inquiring about a late check out first abrupt response was an emphatic and blunt "probably not...its Friday....."...it didn't get any better than that.
My second stay here will hopefully be my last.....it only confirmed the foibles of my first stay....

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Max D
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Turned up late from delayed flight and checked into my room via lock box at front of hotel. Upon entering my room was greeted by a big fat cockroach staring at me from the middle of the bed. Flattened that one and thought it was a one off. Got bitten around 2am and caught a bed bug biting my wrist area. At 7 am when I was looking at checking out went by my bed area and 2 more cockroaches ran out 1 huge thing I flattened but the other scurried back under the bed. Was not offered a refund or anything from reception bar an apology and her saying that they get fumigated every 3 months.I travel and stay at hotel over 200 nights a year and this is not acceptable.

Room Tip: Find a cockroach and bed bug free room.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Well if you advertise breakfast then you should have two things
1. Compétent staff and 2. Food to serve. Overall a disaster. Luckily there were only three couples in the place, and we were first, so the others just had to sit and wait even to get an order that probably not eventuate. Oh the shower, I love mould in my hotel shower. Says volumes for how they clean the place.
The check in....only one at a time. Multi tasking is not an option. I have stayed in thousands of hotel room over the decades of my career, and never had to pay a fee to have my room serviced, on top of my room rate. You live and learn, never again, unless desperate.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

A lovely place to stay, very inexpensive. Only down we had read yay they need more staff!
The services they offer are excellent - functions, dinner, bar, room service, secured parking, NBN - to name but a few. Highly recommended, considering have pasted A LOT more for a lot less.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple