“Gorgeous food & funky decor!”
Review of ZEST

ZEST
Ranked #42 of 369 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Price range: US$ 40 - US$ 51
Cuisines: Asian, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: For over a decade, Zest has pioneered the Asian fusion culinary concept in Malta. Boasting some of the best Asian and Continental cuisine on our islands, including exquisite sushi made with fresh, local seafood, Zest's menu will take you on an exciting culinary journey. Every plate perfectly balances Eastern and Western influences-even dessert! Get swept off your feet with delectable dishes from Balinese curries, Indonesian noodles, Japanese teppanyaki and Cantonese dim sums to French lamb sous vide with mango salsa and crème brulées of mandarin and fresh chili. At Zest, no attention to detail is spared including the décor and design that elevates one's dining experience from ordinary to extraordinary. Original architectural details and attractive features, including an open wine cellar and a live-cooking sushi bar, are sure to leave a lasting impression. Zest also enjoys the added bonus of an open-air terrace overlooking romantic Spinola Bay, for which reservations are highly advised-only 14 seats are available in this exclusive location. Year after year, Zest has been voted one of the most popular "best ambience" and "best service" restaurants in Malta by its discerning guests. On these award-winning foundations, Zest has also built a reputation for professional, creative and impeccable outside catering. Whether you are throwing a dinner party for friends at home, a lavish wedding reception for hundreds of guests or an inspiring corporate event, our blend of experience, planning and bespoke attention to detail ensures a successful occasion every time. All this begs the question... Whether for an elegant evening out in the heart of Spinola, or a memorable private event, why not add a little Zest?
Reviewed 18 July 2016

Zest was a real find - not only is the food wonderful and a delightful fusion of east & west, but the décor is also very cool and stylish, with a terrace for those who want to eat in the open air, and a lovely air-conditioned part for those wanting something a little cooler. The service was great, and whilst the prices are a little expensive, the food really is delicious. If you like Thai, Japanese or fancy something a little different from your traditional Chinese, then this really is the place for you.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

I have eaten at a lot of sushi places in my life and Zest has always been a favourite place to eat, because of the great food and amazing atmosphere. However, last night, we ordered home delivery. My god, what an incredible experience! The sushi arrived on a plastic platter, perfectly laid out with all the expected extras. I have noticed that often when you get sushi delivered, the quality is worse than what you get in the restaurant, presumably because it is not made fresh. No such complaint with Zest though, the sushi was _perfect_ melted in my mouth and did not leave me with that heavy, slightly sick feeling I get from eating cheap sushi. To be perfectly honest, I have travelled all around Europe and Zest is one of the top sushi places in the entire EU. It may be a little bit more expensive, but the cost is definitely worth it, in my opinion.

1  Thank Christopher C

Dear Christopher,

I am so very pleased to hear that you recently enjoyed all the best of Zest in the comfort of your home! We work very hard to ensure the same quality you expect at our restaurant is delivered to your door, and I am glad to hear these efforts pay off :)

Whether at our place or yours, we look forward to adding a little Zest to your day again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2016

We had many meals out over our stay and in all honesty this was fine but nothing special and rather expensive. If it hadn't been for the discount voucher we received because we were staying at the hotel I would have been a bit annoyed at the price. Defiantly other places I would chose over this Wigi's restaurant being one of them. If you go my husband had the prawn risotto to start with and that was the best thing we ordered. We can't even remember what we ordered for the rest of the meal so that's how great a meal it was.

1  Thank 394rach

Dear 394rach,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our prawn risotto. However, I was saddened to read that you were not satisfied with the value we offer. We strive to ensure our offering is competitive within the local marketplace, and our prices reflect our commitment to using the freshest, highest quality ingredients and offering a service that exceeds expectations.

I do hope you will give us another chance to offer you a memorable dining experience during your next visit to Malta.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

went for the "aperol Spritz at sunset" event, which is an ongoing weekly event at Zest over the summer.

We had sushi (really good), and cocktails... very recommendable, great atmosphere with live music, and very friendly staff.

Great view of the Spinola bay from the 9th floor.

Downside, menu is slightly limited.

Remember to book a table!

1  Thank michaelsZ513CG

Dear Michael,

I am very pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our special Aperol Spritz Sunset events on the rooftop terrace of Hotel Juliani!

We have designed a special menu for these events featuring a selection of sharing plates and sushi. I hope you will be able to join to experience our full menu at Zest restaurant on level 2 of Hotel Juliani :)

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

We had a very pleasant experience at Zest, for our romantic night. The service was very good and the waiters kind, the food is simply divine. Prices are a bit high, but worth it. They served us a complimentary miso soup and the bread is home made. There are also different kind of menus where you can have 2 courses and a dessert. We'll definitely come again!!

Dear LaSereB,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback with others here on TripAdvisor. We loved to read that you enjoyed our unique combination of food, ambience and staff because this is exactly what we want for you and our guests!