“Fantastiv view”

Cafe Pi
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Gjovik
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 38
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Please come and enjoy a cozy restaurant/bar that serves great food, and hotel classics. Our new menu comprises of a marvelous burger and other great dishes.
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Fantastic view. Top of the roof. Nice food. Not much expensive. Helpful stuff. Take some time to wait for the food.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Went Gjovik for business and we decided to have something to eat here, I had a pizza which was ok and a beer, probably ces are high for what it is buy Norway is very expensive.

In general ok but not first choice here, they do some quiz nights which seems popular.

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

The food here has really improved in the last 6 months. The pizza and burgers were delicious. We enjoyed the nachos as appetizers. A nice place for dinner or drinks with colleagues or friends.

Skurdal, General Manager at Cafe Pi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Hi Lonnie M,

Thanks for writing such kind words about our restaurant. Glad to hear that you think that the food has improved, and enjoy to spend time with friends here.

Welcome back!

Brgs,
Ådne

Reviewed 25 August 2015

This is definitely a place for meat lovers. We went to Cafe Pi because we thought we could satisfy the tastes of everyone in our group, as well as for the view of the Mjøsa. The atmosphere is very cosy. The service was good, friendly and attentive, so no complaints there.

Two of our friends ate the grill dishes, and my partner and I settled on the salad bar seeing as we're vegan. As far as salad bars go, my feeling was that it was pretty basic. It may be okay for people who only look for something on the side of their main meal, but as a main meal, I think it needs to expand and have a better selection (greater selection of different kinds of salads, not just lettuce and potato salad, which were the main types, with paprika, tomatoes, corn, canned beans on the side).

I know Norway is not known for its veggie meals and salads, but still, Gjøvik isn't outback Norway. When I think of a salad bar, I think of Sizzler or the salad bar that I saw down in Oslo. Lots of home made specialities and very good quality produce. It makes such a huge difference in taste, texture, appearance and smell. I also think that it wouldn't be very hard for the chef to come up with a veggie shiskebab which could be grilled on his BBQ. That would satisfy the veggie mob.

Just for the salad bar, I wouldn't be inspired to go back. For the view and atmosphere, yes. I really hope that the salad bar is improved, because this is a very nice place to go to, and would also be a place to recommend to the guests who stay with us.

I can see that the chef puts a lot of pride, passion and effort into his grill meals and desserts. So that kind of energy could do wonders to the salad bar or veggie options.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

I'm not sure about the food since we didn't order any. The bar was great, had a nice helpful bartender and everyone I saw was having a great time here. I feel it had what to expect from a bar. It's a great place for businesstravellers to lend back and have a drink. (The hotel is integrated in Quality Hotel Strand's building, and is the hotel's "Lobbybar"). Foreign citizens will maybe think it's a bit expensive for the drinks and beers, but the prices were ok for me.

Skurdal, General Manager at Cafe Pi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2014

Hi Joe G,

Thanks for a lovely review. We are happy that you had a great time with us, and you are most welcome back.

Brgs,