Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$125
Travelocity
$125
Agoda.com
$115
FindHotel$115
Trip.com
All reviews train stop close to the airport aviation museum nordic choice helsinki vantaa airport superior room nice hotel nice stay salmon buffet breakfast euros design
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2022

I made a booking for 110 Euros incl. breakfast at Clarion Hotel Helsinki.
I had a 15 hrs transit time and needed a room to rest before my late night flight. I arrived into Clarion at around 10 am in the morning and told receptions that I would do my check out at 10 pm, meaning no overnight stay. I kindly asked if it was possible to have an early check in since I was checking out later same day.
Answer was NO. My room would be available from 2 pm.., or I could pay extra 10 euros and hour if I wanted the room right now! Meaning that there was available rooms. I'm aware that hotels have check in/out schedule, but would have expected a little more flexibility from an airport hotel.
Next, I asked if I could borrow a towel since I would head into city for a swim and "kill " time before I could get my room.
NO! Not possible, not allowed to bring hotels towel out of the hotel....
Last, I asked if I could use the breakfast same morning since I would be checking out same day and had breakfast included and have a cop of coffee etc.
NO, I could use coffee machine next to reception available for all hotel guest.

Never ever experienced such an arrogant treatment of a paying customer and sorry that a hotel like Clarion airport hotel don't show a little more flexibility.

My advice is, do not book ahead of time so the don't get your money before you know what you can get.
Just walk in and ask, if NO walk right out again..

Date of stay: July 2022
Info Clarion Hotel Aviapolis, Other at Clarion Hotel Aviapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Cphdude,

Thank you for your feedback.

Sorry for inconveniences. Our check in time is 3pm and check out time 12.00 So just a tip if you want to check in already at 10am book a room one day in advance.

Hope you had a nice stay!
Petri Uronen / Operations Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2022 via mobile

Very close to the airport and easy to reach also by Metro. Perfect service, room well cleaned with attention to every detail. Restaurant available with 6-7 options for a good dinner. Breakfast with many choices. Employers warm and professional.
My only bad note is the price of car parking (20 euro/night is too expensive)

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear fabiomassipac,

Kind thanks for your stay and for your lovely feedback.

Hope you have a chance to visit us soon again.

Petri Uronen
Operations Manager

Reviewed 20 January 2022

I made the booking in November when there was a special campaign that you will get 5 nights counted to your Nordic Choice membership status for every single night. Clarion Aviapolis was a reasonably priced option for that.

I booked a Superior room for 116 euros and counted that I will as a Nordic Choice Platinum member get the guaranteed upgrade to the next category Deluxe room. To our surprise, we got a Suite that has a normal member price of 301 euros.

This time, we got the meeting suite with a big table for six. That was very practical to have an in-room dinner. Because of the pandemic, the restaurant served only take-away or room-service dinners. Orders over 25 euros were delivered without an extra charge. We could use my 13-euro Platinum voucher for our dinner.

There are 9 suites on the 8th floor. Every suite has the same size identical bathroom with a separate bathtub and a rain shower. The floorplan is also the same but the room decor varies a lot. Last time, we stayed in the Viking Suite with a completely different decor.

The breakfast was served in the restaurant. It was pleasantly calm and had a good selection of food.

Date of stay: January 2022
1  Thank Mikael F

Dear Mikael F,

What a lovely feedback. So sorry for my late reply.

Petri Uronen
Operations Manager

Reviewed 20 December 2021

Very nice rooms, etc. Very friendly staff. Food in the restaurant is okay, depending who cooks.

If you cannot stand barking dogs (which I experienced only for a couple of seconds, but this may of course vary per occasion) then it is advisable to see if they can book you a room away from any rooms where dogs are in

Room tip: Dogs are allowed in the hotel
Date of stay: December 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2021

Llegamos al Hotel a las 14:00h. Nos dicen que el check in es a las 15h, de acuerdo, nunca me habia pasado ante, pero son las normas, lo acepto. En la zona no hay nada para comer en 2 km a la redonda, pero esto sigue siendo problema nuestro, ya que el avion desde Rovaniemi era pronto y quizas no hemos comido suficiente, aun asi era un problema con un niño de 4 años. A las 15h en punto nos acercamos a la recepcion para hacer el check in, y el sistema se ha caido. Nos preguntan por la reserva, se la enseñamos y nos pregunta por el tipo de habitacion que tenemos, si cama supletoria o no, que si rellenemos una hoja, y les digo que no se lo de las camas supletorias, que hemos reservado y pagado esto (enseñando la hoja de reserva), una de las trabajadoras del hotel me responde de forma importinente y sonriendo, como si hubiera dicho algo inoportuno. Sigue con esa actitud mientras rellenamos el papel. Me pide el email y el telefono para cuando nos vayamos, cobrarnos. Le explico que ya lo hemos pagado y que no necesito dar mas datos... me vuelve a responder de forma impertinente. En este momento, veo que no somos clientes dignos de su atencion, quizas por ser españoles o por ser una familia, no cumplimos el perfil de hombre rico y trajeado... pido hablar con alguien para explicarle que quizas en otra ocasion, si nos van a tener 10 minutos rellenando papeles y diciendoles cual es nuestra reserva, que podrian avisarnos ya que llevabamos una hora de reloj esperando frente a ellos. El manager me explica cosa que no tienen que ver y me trata como si fuera estupido, como si mi sugerencia como cliente no fuera importante. Pues ya veo que no lo es, y no hay problema, pero claro, tras la experiencia en el Clarion de Helsinki.... lo bonita que es la habitacion, me es muy indiferente, puesto que si no fuera porque esta pagado, me voy a otro hotel de cabeza... y seguro que mas barato.

We arrived at the Hotel at 2:00 p.m. They tell us that check in is at 3pm, okay, I had never passed before, but they are the rules, I accept it. In the area there is nothing to eat within 2 km, but this is still our problem, since the plane from Rovaniemi was early and perhaps we have not eaten enough, even so it was a problem with a 4-year-old child. At 3pm sharp we went to the reception to check in, and the system has crashed. They ask us about the reservation, we show it to them and they ask us about the type of room we have, if we have an extra bed or not, if we fill in a sheet, and I tell them that I don't know about the extra beds, that we have reserved and paid for this (showing the reservation sheet), one of the hotel workers answers me in an importinent way and smiling, as if i had said something inopportune. Keep that attitude while we fill out the paper. She asks me for my email and phone number so that when we leave, she will charge us. I explain that we have already paid for it and that I do not need to give more information ... she answers me again in an impertinent way. At this moment, I see that we are not clients worthy of your attention, perhaps because we are Spanish or because we are a family, we do not meet the profile of a rich man and in a suit ... I ask to speak to someone to explain that perhaps on another occasion, if we They will have 10 minutes filling out papers and telling them what our reservation is, that they could let us know since we have been waiting for an hour in front of them. The manager explains things to me that they have nothing to do with and treats me as if I were stupid, as if my suggestion as a client was not important. Well, I see that it is not, and there is no problem, but of course, after the experience at the Clarion in Helsinki ... how beautiful the room is, it is very indifferent to me, since if it were not because it was paid, I would I go to another hotel head ... and surely cheaper.

Date of stay: December 2021