“Easter Sunday Lunch - Superb!”
Review of La Tour des Vents

La Tour des Vents
Price range: US$ 28 - US$ 135
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Look, I’ve been to this restaurant a few times, and it’s always very good. This was my first time however dining inside, as I’d always been there in warmer weather, so we ate on the terrace previously. The occasion was Easter Sunday lunch and I’d have to say that everything was exactly as it should be for a restaurant of this type and quality. Wonderful food and a warm atmosphere with truly professional staff. Sure, it’s expensive, but you always come away thinking that you had good value for your money! They have also opened a bistro that has a super menu du jour for less that €20!

2  Thank Jim N
moulinDordogne, Responsable relations clients at La Tour des Vents, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Had a wonderful meal here last week as we left Bergerac. Splashed out on the "surprise " menu and didn't regret it. Every course was delicious , even the ones we weren't too sure about. The staff were friendly and courteous without being over powering.
Certainly wish we could afford to go there more often!

2  Thank Hilary C
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I've been wanting to try this restaurant out for sometime now and decided to go with a friend for lunch.

They have a "market" menu which has an amuse bouche, starter, main and desert for €39 which is the menu we took.

Lovely flavours, strong yet balanced. The duck breast just melted in my mouth!

The view is great, I wish I was there in the summer to appreciate the outdoor space they have...

Service is great and the whole experience was a treat.

I'll be back in the summer

1  Thank Edward B
Reviewed 30 November 2017

My husband decided to take me to this restaurant because we heard it was good. Our son told us to have "the works on him" so we decided on a taster menu at 89€ each. It was called Descovery menu. The waitress that was looking after us was explaining each course as it came. She spoke a little English and helped when she could. She asked how we wanted our pigeon and beef cooked so that's what we expected. All went well and each course was wonderful. She then appeared with sweetbreads in a very rich mushroom sauce which was too much for me. Neither me or my husband have ever eaten sweetbreads and we wouldn't have ordered them. My husband finished his but I left mine. The taste wasn't too bad but the texture wasn't nice. We then had truffle cheese which was lovely but we left some to make room for pigeon or beef but it never arrived. We went straight into the dessert which was OKish.
As we were disappointed we asked our waitress what had happened to the meat. She explained it was at the distress ion of the chef what we had and he chose sweetbreads. Anyway to cut a long story short we explained as it was my birthday meal we were disappointed and it was a birthday treat. They then gave us a glass of champagne but we're not sure it was champagne but it was nice of them. The bill came to 250€ with the wine. We were very disappointed but if we went back we certainly wouldn't pay for a taster menu. Lesson learned.

1  Thank Krystyna O
Reviewed 16 October 2017

After a recommendation we booked for dinner on a Saturday evening. The restaurant is not all that imposing from the outside and the car park is across the road. However, once inside the splendour of the place and the service immediately impressed. We ate early and luckily were seated at the terrace window with the superb view across the vineyards to Bergerac. As the evening went on the sunset was followed by the sparkle of the lights of the city. We chose the Menu Gourmand (€49) and as my wife is vegetarian the Maitre D said the chef would prepare something special for her. As we were driving we did not order wine although the comprehensive list catered for all tastes and pockets. I started with a sphere of tuna followed by a portion of suckling pig and a desert of apples. All were delicious but the suckling pig was somewhat dry. My wife feasted on beautifully prepared vegetables superbly cooked. The accompaniments and the service were generally immaculate but we were disappointed to have to wait a while for coffee and the bill. Nevertheless, this is a splendid place and highly recommended

1  Thank Neil S