All reviews short stay walking distance impact arena lobby bar fried rice exhibition hall don mueang airport location is great coffee and tea small size factory outlet porridge cup noodles very nice stay dining hall guests feel welcome lovely design
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Some changes to this expo area, particularly the new shelthered walkway from Ibis IMPACT link directly to exhibition Hall 8. Even it comes with build in travellator. Now they have the loop transport for few dropping points. I remember this was not available last (Mar 2018) visit to this hotel. The hotel team members have been mostly familiar faces where I am sure they have been happily working here. Mr Ben, the hotel key person, as I informed him personally, he is looking better and better, as I came back to a place where great hospitality happens. It is always my envy to them.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank nicsg2015
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

The location of the property is 5 Star for those attending concerts etc within the vicinity. On the 2nd floor of the hotel it’s linked to various area as so you don’t have to cross the roads. There is one staff (concierge?) who was extremely courteous, helpful and hardworking on the morning we checked out (19/8/18). He made sure the taxi understand where we wanted to go. We stayed in 2 Ibis for this trip but the staff of Ibis Impact made a very good impression and made our trip pleasant and memorable.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018

The room is small, but the arrangement in the room is enough for staying 2 small people in a couple days. Short stay is okay, especially when you have business in Impact Halls. Hair dryer is provided in the room. The bed is comfortable enough for a couple days. Food court or minimart are far away from the hotel. There are indoor and outdoor parking.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I like ibis in general, clean, minimalist and simple - perfect for a guest who doesn't need so many things when it comes to a hotel stay. I always book ibis when I have urgent business to tend to.

The stay was almost perfect, except the Front Desk Manager (or could it be a Duty Manager) who seems quite rushed and grumpy throughout the super-quick check-in process. It wasn't a busy period either. Sure, it's nice to be checked-in quickly but the lady can be nicer and more chill. She was also not nice to her own staff members, which can discourage the younger GSAs from being nice to guests.

Other than that, the room was great, the food was very good, and the location is great.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Pim Y
Benjamin D, Manager at ibis Bangkok IMPACT, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Pim Y,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and always booking ibis hotels for urgent business. I am pleased that your overall experience was great and you appreciate different part of our hotel. After reading your comments I have investigated with my team, the lady you met during check-in was one of our duty managers. Our front office manager tried to contact you to clarify but unfortunately we were unable to reach you despite the multiple tries. I am very sorry for this unexpected experience upon check-in, has this is definitely not the feeling we want to convey to our guest.

Thank you and we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

The rooms are the smallest I've ever had in Asia and poorly designed. The shower is so small that I'm constantly either opening the door or shutting off the water when I turn around. The closet is less than .5 square meter and contains a small refrigerator and the safe, so not even a men's business shirt is short enough to hang without bunching up at the bottom. The Impact Even Center runs a shuttle from the MOCHIT station, but it runs irregularly and the staff will tell you to book a taxi. Taxi fares to MOCHIT station should be about 350 baht including tolls, Taxis to Suvarnabhumi should be less than 800 including tolls. Breakfast buffet was standard. It is very convenient for conferences and concerts, but if you hope to see BKK do yourself a favor and stay somewhere closer to a BTS/MRT station. There is very little close to Impact in terms of food or shopping, but if you're lucky you may catch one of the Impact shuttles that run to Cosmo Bazaar or Beehive where there are a few lunch options and convenience stores. The general manager was exceptionally responsive to helping us try to resolve a few issues, however, many were beyond his control. Without his time and attention, I would have rated this overall experience 2-star. Ibis is very tightly controlled by corporate decision making and their service model is not serving them well in this instance. Front desk and bar staff need training - they seemed easily overwhelmed when there were more than a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio of staff to customers.

Room Tip: There are no good views. Hanging things in the closet will result in needing an iron, just ask the front desk.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Benjamin D, Manager at ibis Bangkok IMPACT, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Joshua R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your visit to our hotel.
We are sorry if your experience did not meet your expectation. IBIS is a 3 stars European designed economy hotel and the room and bathroom size reflect this. We understand that ‘value’ is an individual thing, so absolutely respect your perception.
Nevertheless, I am glad that you find the hotel location very convenient for conference and concert at IMPACT exhibition center. Taxi or grab fares to downtown or Suvarnabhumi airport may vary from time to time and mostly regulated by the traffic on the roads and specific location. We apologies if you experienced difficulties getting the shuttles and have already been in contact with the transportation service.

Sincerely yours,