1,328 results
All reviews race course race track two double beds race meeting racecourse view balcony overlooking play golf breathe spa spa facilities lovely hotel hotel bar superior room relaxation room steam room reception staff poached eggs spa break
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Welcoming, pleasant staff at reception on arrival hugely contrasted with the arrogant patronizing individual on departure. Overall it was a nice stay marred by a last minute attitude hiccup. Service at dinner time was very good. Room was nice, clean and comfortable, although mattress was sagging. Tables at dinner and breakfast were sticky to the touch - quite unhygienic. On one occasion It took three goes for the breakfast eggs order to be correct. We were presented with 'unpoached' poached eggs, fried eggs and eventually an omelette which is what we ordered in the first place. Brushing up on hospitality skills and attention to detail would help enormously.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Lingfield Park R, Front Office Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear ddd3112,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused by the front desk staff. Would you be so kind as to get in touch with me on 01342 830 930 (option 7) so I can gain some more details in order to be able to investigate? If I am not available, please leave your details so I can contact you.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Sadly, although very comfortable encountered very rude front desk behaviour & was expected to drag my own luggage up to 3 floor despite explaining I had mobility issues when I asked for help. They even gave me the Porters trolley to do this on my own!!!

Room tip: Ask for a view of the Racetrack!!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Alison A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Pretty much as you would expect from Marriott. Standard room. Comfortable. The staff were especially helpful at check in. Why not 5 stars? Well the fire alarm at 3am was handled like a complete fiasco and at check out it wasn’t even acknowledged. I’ll probably stay again but only for the standard Marriott offering and the points.

Dear Johnandrewriley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused by how we handled the fire alarm going off during the night. It is pretty clear that while the investigation to the cause of the fire was done promptly and efficiently (it was caused by an oversensitive sensor), we did not deliver up to the standards regarding communication. Please rest assured that the matter has been addressed with the highest priority to improve our health and safety standards.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Really nice hotel with direct view on horse race track and golf course. Nice staff and good offer for Gym and Spa. Big rooms, clean and confortable. Big parking. Restaurant is on average level. Good breakfast

Trip type: Travelled on business
Lingfield Park R, Guest Relations Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Stefano V,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel.

I was happy to read about your positive comments on our hotel, facilities and staff.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

Guest Relations

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We've stayed here often and sometimes it's great on other occasions lamentable.
This time it was ........okay.
Our room was, as always clean and presentable. The bed was unfortunately overly firm, And I mean firm! My wife slept very badly!
Unusually, we ate at the hotel (previously the food offering has been awful). This time it was great. The highlight was the plaice which was deemed delicious !
Service was great and all round, dinner was a hit!
This hotel is so hit and miss, can be great, can be mediocre at best and awful at worst.
This visit, reception staff were great at check in and throughout. Bar staff could be more friendly but overall this stay was enhanced by the overall service experience, the restaurant has certainly improved.
I just wish it was consistently as good as it can be.
I've stayed here several times just this year and each visit is a lottery, good bad and indifferent. It would be wonderful if management (who have raised the quality from consistently poor to good) could just keep thing at a high standard all the time. It's getting better but still room for improvement! Sounds like my old school reports!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lingfield Park R, Front Office Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear Manfialba,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We really appreciate the detailed review, so we know where we can improve. Our mattresses are brand new, and it seems they can feel a bit too firm for some of our guests. I do hope that in a month or two they would get just a tad bit softer so they would not cause the same problems again.

I hope we will see you again in the near future and we can get from a 3-rating to a 4-rating.