“Great place to stay for Racing & other Events nearby.”

Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lingfield
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Sadly, although very comfortable encountered very rude front desk behaviour & was expected to drag my own luggage up to 3 floor despite explaining I had mobility issues when I asked for help. They even gave me the Porters trolley to do this on my own!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Racetrack!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Lingfield Park R, Front Office Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Alison A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused by the front desk staff. Would you be so kind as to get in touch with me on 01342 830 930 (option 7) so I can gain some more details in order to be able to investigate? If I am not available, please leave your details so I can contact you.

Gergo Jahni

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Pretty much as you would expect from Marriott. Standard room. Comfortable. The staff were especially helpful at check in. Why not 5 stars? Well the fire alarm at 3am was handled like a complete fiasco and at check out it wasn’t even acknowledged. I’ll probably stay again but only for the standard Marriott offering and the points.

Stayed: October 2017

Dear Johnandrewriley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused by how we handled the fire alarm going off during the night. It is pretty clear that while the investigation to the cause of the fire was done promptly and efficiently (it was caused by an oversensitive sensor), we did not deliver up to the standards regarding communication. Please rest assured that the matter has been addressed with the highest priority to improve our health and safety standards.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Really nice hotel with direct view on horse race track and golf course. Nice staff and good offer for Gym and Spa. Big rooms, clean and confortable. Big parking. Restaurant is on average level. Good breakfast

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Lingfield Park R, Guest Relations Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Stefano V,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel.

I was happy to read about your positive comments on our hotel, facilities and staff.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

Guest Relations

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We've stayed here often and sometimes it's great on other occasions lamentable.
This time it was ........okay.
Our room was, as always clean and presentable. The bed was unfortunately overly firm, And I mean firm! My wife slept very badly!
Unusually, we ate at the hotel (previously the food offering has been awful). This time it was great. The highlight was the plaice which was deemed delicious !
Service was great and all round, dinner was a hit!
This hotel is so hit and miss, can be great, can be mediocre at best and awful at worst.
This visit, reception staff were great at check in and throughout. Bar staff could be more friendly but overall this stay was enhanced by the overall service experience, the restaurant has certainly improved.
I just wish it was consistently as good as it can be.
I've stayed here several times just this year and each visit is a lottery, good bad and indifferent. It would be wonderful if management (who have raised the quality from consistently poor to good) could just keep thing at a high standard all the time. It's getting better but still room for improvement! Sounds like my old school reports!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Lingfield Park R, Front Office Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear Manfialba,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We really appreciate the detailed review, so we know where we can improve. Our mattresses are brand new, and it seems they can feel a bit too firm for some of our guests. I do hope that in a month or two they would get just a tad bit softer so they would not cause the same problems again.

I hope we will see you again in the near future and we can get from a 3-rating to a 4-rating.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My husband booked a nights stay here for the 2 of us with spa treatments, dinner and breakfast as part of a package. Overall it was a lovely break, the room was overlooking the racecourse so we had a great view, plus it was very clean and the bed comfy. We had massages booked which were amazing and the pool area was clean and reasonably quiet. Included was a 3 course dinner in the evening at the Cyprium restaurant which was delicious and I can highly recommend the cocktails as we tried a fair few, especially the Cosmo's.
Breakfast was a choice of cooked items, cereal, pastries, juices, tea and coffee, (you get the idea) plenty to choose from though we were still pretty full from dinner the night before. Service was fab throughout so cannot complain there. They'd had a new manager start (I think he was a manager) in the restaurant and he was very attentive the whole evening as were all the staff.
The only tiny thing (which couldn't have been avoided) was that as they were so busy, we couldn't book any extra treatments. Also the hot tub was broken, so after a swim and our massage we didn't use the spa again, which was kind of the main point of going, but it was just unlucky timing.
Would stay again if in the area

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear SunnyDay777,

Thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us.

We really appreciate your nice comments about your stay with us. I was happy to read that you had a pleasant experience in our Cyprium Grill. I will pass your comments on to the restaurant. I am delighted that and your husband enjoyed our spa facilities and your treatments.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Guest Relations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lingfield
4.3 km away
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking
11.5 km away
Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club

Been to Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK