1,328 results
All reviews race course race track two double beds race meeting racecourse view balcony overlooking play golf breathe spa spa facilities lovely hotel hotel bar superior room relaxation room steam room reception staff poached eggs spa break
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Pretty much as you would expect from Marriott. Standard room. Comfortable. The staff were especially helpful at check in. Why not 5 stars? Well the fire alarm at 3am was handled like a complete fiasco and at check out it wasn’t even acknowledged. I’ll probably stay again but only for the standard Marriott offering and the points.

Date of stay: October 2017
Lingfield Park R, Front Office Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear Johnandrewriley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused by how we handled the fire alarm going off during the night. It is pretty clear that while the investigation to the cause of the fire was done promptly and efficiently (it was caused by an oversensitive sensor), we did not deliver up to the standards regarding communication. Please rest assured that the matter has been addressed with the highest priority to improve our health and safety standards.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Really nice hotel with direct view on horse race track and golf course. Nice staff and good offer for Gym and Spa. Big rooms, clean and confortable. Big parking. Restaurant is on average level. Good breakfast

Trip type: Travelled on business
Lingfield Park R, Guest Relations Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Stefano V,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel.

I was happy to read about your positive comments on our hotel, facilities and staff.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

Guest Relations

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We've stayed here often and sometimes it's great on other occasions lamentable.
This time it was ........okay.
Our room was, as always clean and presentable. The bed was unfortunately overly firm, And I mean firm! My wife slept very badly!
Unusually, we ate at the hotel (previously the food offering has been awful). This time it was great. The highlight was the plaice which was deemed delicious !
Service was great and all round, dinner was a hit!
This hotel is so hit and miss, can be great, can be mediocre at best and awful at worst.
This visit, reception staff were great at check in and throughout. Bar staff could be more friendly but overall this stay was enhanced by the overall service experience, the restaurant has certainly improved.
I just wish it was consistently as good as it can be.
I've stayed here several times just this year and each visit is a lottery, good bad and indifferent. It would be wonderful if management (who have raised the quality from consistently poor to good) could just keep thing at a high standard all the time. It's getting better but still room for improvement! Sounds like my old school reports!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lingfield Park R, Front Office Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear Manfialba,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We really appreciate the detailed review, so we know where we can improve. Our mattresses are brand new, and it seems they can feel a bit too firm for some of our guests. I do hope that in a month or two they would get just a tad bit softer so they would not cause the same problems again.

I hope we will see you again in the near future and we can get from a 3-rating to a 4-rating.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My husband booked a nights stay here for the 2 of us with spa treatments, dinner and breakfast as part of a package. Overall it was a lovely break, the room was overlooking the racecourse so we had a great view, plus it was very clean and the bed comfy. We had massages booked which were amazing and the pool area was clean and reasonably quiet. Included was a 3 course dinner in the evening at the Cyprium restaurant which was delicious and I can highly recommend the cocktails as we tried a fair few, especially the Cosmo's.
Breakfast was a choice of cooked items, cereal, pastries, juices, tea and coffee, (you get the idea) plenty to choose from though we were still pretty full from dinner the night before. Service was fab throughout so cannot complain there. They'd had a new manager start (I think he was a manager) in the restaurant and he was very attentive the whole evening as were all the staff.
The only tiny thing (which couldn't have been avoided) was that as they were so busy, we couldn't book any extra treatments. Also the hot tub was broken, so after a swim and our massage we didn't use the spa again, which was kind of the main point of going, but it was just unlucky timing.
Would stay again if in the area

Date of stay: August 2017

Dear SunnyDay777,

Thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us.

We really appreciate your nice comments about your stay with us. I was happy to read that you had a pleasant experience in our Cyprium Grill. I will pass your comments on to the restaurant. I am delighted that and your husband enjoyed our spa facilities and your treatments.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Guest Relations.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

The staff are fantastic, the massage and treatments were 5☆. Had a wonderful day.
The steam room and shower and sauna all a bit grubby, (broken shower)the xhanging rooms spotless.
Two men hotel guests were hoiking up and spitting blowing their noses in there which was disgusting...not the fault of staff at all, they cleaned up really quickly.
The pool area is lovely the treatments and treatment rooms are great, heated bed.
the relaxing room is divine, i fell asleep. Superb massage perfect facial.
Bit pricey as i booked with wowcher but didnt read the offer properly as my husband didnt want a manicure or pedicure so had a facial.
Would have been cheaper to have booked a package seperately directly with the hotel.
Such a relaxing day.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lingfield Park R, Front Office Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Dear becky a,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We really appreciate your nice comments about our spa facilities and staff members. I hope you will not have to face the described inconveniences during your next visit.