“golf break 2017”

Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lingfield
Reviewed 1 October 2017

12 of us were due to arrive at Lingfield park for our annual golf break .

After reading several negative reviews about the golf course we were unsure what was in store for us. I'm pleased to say we could not fault the golf course overall , the greens were in good condition as were the fairways and bunkers. We saw numerous green staff during our stay which is always a good sign. The problem with the course is that it seems to get in a bad state when it rains, the overall play ability of the course is not really affected but there are a few areas where the ground gets really boggy, For example the walk from the 17th green to the 18th tee was like walking through a plowed filed ..... and it's a long walk !!! maybe some artificial grass or tarmac would be a good idea.

The staff all around the complex were very polite and helpful . The rooms were nice especially if you were lucky enough to have one facing the race course. Overall the food was good but a bit more choice would of been nice , especially for deserts.

MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT THE MANAGEMENT WEREN'T VERY SYMPATHETIC WHEN ONE OF OUR GROUP HAD TO DROP OUT OF THE GOLF BREAK THE DAY BEFORE WE ARRIVED DUE TO HIS MUM BECOMING SERIOUSLY ILL AND BEING GIVEN ONLY DAYS TO LIVE.

DESPITE NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS NOT TO HAVE OUR FRIEND CHARGED THE SINGLE SUPPLEMENT FEE MANAGEMENT INSISTED THAT IT WAS PROCEDURE !!!

WHICH IS CORRECT BUT YOU WOULD OF THOUGHT THAT SOME COMPASSION AND COMMON SENSE COULD BE USED AND THE FEE WOULD BE WAIVED.

BUT DON'T WORRY LINGFIELD PARK WE ALL CHIPPED IN TO PAY THE FEE SO OUR FRIEND DIDN'T HAVE TO , HE HAD ENOUGH ON HIS PLATE AS IT WAS WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT THAT . JUST HOPE YOU SPEND THAT MONEY WISELY SEEING AS IT MEANT SO MUCH TO YOU .

I have taken all members off staff names who I spoke to and will be making a formal complaint to Lingfield Park.

Room Tip: rooms over looking the race course are best.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Lingfield Park R, Front Office Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Cfcpabs,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Regarding the complaint about the room rate not being refunded, please get in touch with us on the hotel main line (01342 830 930) and ask for me, or leave a message if I am not available and I will get back to you.

Gergo Jahni

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We chose this hotel for a 2 night stay to tour Hastings and other areas and to be close to Gatwick for our departure. It is a nice hotel with all the amenities which you would expect in a Marriott. The staff was friendly and helpful, taking immediate action when I tipped them off to someone smoking in their room in our hallway. Our room was good sized and clean and had a fridge. The walk in shower was a nice touch as some hotel baths can be quite hazardous for people with limited mobility. Plenty of free parking but I imagine that it can be a bit crowded on a race day. Excellent restaurant which (thank God) had a different menu than the other Marriotts which we had visited. The 3 course prix fixe menu was a delight, although a loud Middle Easterner nearby talking loudly on his phone one night spoiled our dinner. The breakfast buffet was very good, with the freshly baked pastries that we've come to expect at UK Marriotts. This was the 3rd Marriott that we stayed it which gave us a blank stare when we tried to pay with our Marriott gift card but Mr.Jahni, the front desk manager was very helpful in making sure that the cards were eventually processed correctly. I was disappointed to see that after 10 days the hotel still had not credited my Marriott Rewards account with the several thousand points earned and still had not done so 2 days after a reminder.

Room Tip: Racecourse view is best--unless there is a special event.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Lingfield Park R, Front Office Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jim S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about your stay with us.

We really appreciate the nice comments about our rooms and the food and beverage services. Please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties about the payment method and the points not being credited in a timely manner. We have certainly caused a disappointment on this occasion, which is not our usual standard and we will do our best to avoid it in the future.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Recently visited the Breathe Spa and Cyprium restaurant at the Marriott Lingfield Park. The spa is within the hotel and nicely tucked away. We visited on a Monday afternoon and found a handful of people also using the facilities. The spa itself is clean and modern, showers toilets and lockers available, small swimming pool, small jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, gym and treatment rooms.
There is also a relaxation room offering a quiet area to relax after treatments.
I cannot fault the therapists, friendly and professional and the treatments we had which were delightful.
My only criticism is of the lack of beds available. Around the pool there was only 1 together with a selection of plastic style 'floor seats' and wicker chairs and in the relaxation room only 3 bedsand leather style bench. Not to bad on a Monday afternoon but I can imagine this being more of a problem at the weekends or for visiting hen parties/ladies days.

The Cyprium restaurant is nicely modern with a range of light lunch options and a la carte. It overlooks the racecourse with a bar area adjacent. The food was lovely and service friendly.

Would I come again? Yes more than likely. This is a nice little spa to spend the day at for a reasonable price (especially with a groupon!)

Room Tip: Get a groupon voucher for best spa deals

Dear linsyblake,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Spa and Restaurant experiences with us.

I am happy to have read that you had a pleasant time altogether in both of our outlets. Your comments about the lack of beds available have been forwarded to the Spa Manager.

We hope to see you again for another Spa day out.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stayed here overnight as we were attending a private function here. The room was a nice size, bright and clean. Nice walk in shower in bathroom. There was a fridge in the room which was handy for putting our own drink in for use in our room. The bar prices were very expensive so beware. We had breakfast included which although was good the service wasn't great and only one person cooking eggs and he was cooking one persons order a time which caused a massive queue. The tables were not re-laid properly and although wiped down were all sticky.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Lingfield Park R, Guest Relations Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear SUNBEDSUE,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

We really appreciate your nice comments about our facilities. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings during breakfast. Your comments have been forwarded to the Restaurant Manager.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the near future and provide a more enjoyable stay.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 27 September 2017

This Hotel is a lovely Hotel in Lingfield. I have visited many times and the staff are very nice and the Hotel is Clean and the food good. on my last visit however it was spoilt by a very large group of about 20 men who had been drinking all day. (Conference room,Golf trip) When I tool may elderly disabled mother for a meal in the restaurant the group of men arrived and ruined the day with their loud and intimidaing behaviour. they proceeded to jump up and down, opening patio doors to go outside etc. it was cold outside and this proceeded to make us Cold. They were nosey and were still being served alcohol. They chanted a few times and it was more like a football match not a restaurant in a marriott Hotel. My Mum and myself were not comfortable and decided to leave the restaurant. ( other people were also not happy). I spoke to the staff on leaving and said. we would have liked dessert but due to the behaviour of the group were not comfortable. I was told that my mum and i were welcome to eat our dessert in the BAR!!. My nearly 80 year old mother was told to eat in a bar and not the restaurant. i said no and it was unfair at which I was told they had already had to call security about the group already. We retired to our room. Not happy. Why were the group continuing served drink? why were they not seated in another area. Why were we forced to leave.
I mentioned this on checkout but nothing was said.
I mentioned it on my comment form but the manager was not interested.
Very sad as this is a nice Hotel and yet our experience was spoilt.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank giteserve
Lingfield Park R, Front Office Manager at Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear giteserve,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the group of loud men. I understand it had a negative effect on your whole stay. Our restaurant and bar staff are aware of this specific issue and they will pay more attention to preserve a peaceful atmosphere in the restaurant in the future.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future and provide a more enjoyable stay.

Gergo Jahni

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lingfield
4.3 km away
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking
11.5 km away
Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club

Been to Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK