“Awful service, poorly cooked steak, overpriced”
Review of Cocktails & Steaks

Cocktails & Steaks
Ranked #11 of 21 Restaurants in Uddingston
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went on a fri night. It wasn't too busy when we arrived with only one other couple in attendance but livened up during meal. There appeared to be at least 4 waiting staff which is not bad considering this place is very small though cramped. Turns out there is no zoning of the waiting staff, we were attended to by all four and also at one point a gentleman who was transferring meals from the kitchen to the bar. You would think this would be a good thing but each time we made a request it was not attended to, forgotten or just ignored. How hard can it be to get salt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At one point we asked for a dessert menu and waited 20 mins while the staff posed for pictures and moved tables upstairs.

I could forgive all this if the food was good but alas this too lacked attention. We ordered our steaks meduim-rare and they came out 45 mins later as meduim-well done. I've never had a fillet steak so tough in all my life. Didn't even think it was possible to spoil such a succulent cut. We would have sent it back but couldnt wait another 45 mins.

For what you pay for a meal £££££ in here I would expect the best.

CandSManagement, Manager at Cocktails & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

I am sorry to read you did not enjoy your dining experience with us. We provide an intimate restaurant setting in the heart of Uddingston and have a local team trained to the highest standard of service. I am sorry if you felt this was not the case during your visit this has been addressed with them team. Our menu offering is locally sourced cuts of the finest Scottish meat and we are alarmed to read you did not enjoy this, we will immediately address this with our Chef and suppliers.

I do hope this does not prevent you for visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I eat out a lot in bothwell & Uddingston and had fancied trying this restaurant for some time. Despite the negative reviews on trip advisor I remained open minded. However I was highly disappointed with the experience. Firstly our welcome was non- existent, we walked in and there was no one to meet us then a man appeared, casually dressed, who muttered something & showed us to our table without saying a word. No drinks or menu offered. The waitress who served us was totally lacking personality, enthusiasm and knowledge. I asked if there were non alcoholic cocktails available as there were none on the menu (for a cocktail restaurant, would have expected this) to which she replied, yes they are on there. But no they weren’t as I had looked so she disappeared to the bar to enquire and came back to say they can make one up. Fine. Our food was ok but for the price we expected better. In short, we were made to feel unwelcome & on our way out none of the staff thanked us, that was the icing on the cake, and I won’t be returning. The manager did not seem friendly. There are far better restaurants in the local area.

2  Thank kirstyh20

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience in. This is of the up most importance to us as we look to continually improve the service of all our customers. Our new team are settling into their roles and have been commended for their service.

I do hope you will return to visit us again in the Future.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Spent £113 in this place would have been better of at a burger bar , meal was rubbish cold tomatos with steak ,garlic butter was cold chips over cooked shocking for this kind of money be warned

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your meal when dining with us. We strive to provide the finest locally sourced produce cooked to perfection by our experienced chefs at a competitive price.

I do hope we can welcome you again in the future and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations during this visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Went here tonight. Live locally and wanted to try out. Arrived at allocated time told by manageress to wait at bar till table was available. Waited five minutes member of staff arrived and said "follow me " we did led to mezzanine floor. Nice setting and first impression good. Waitress arrived with menus. After around 15 minutes another waitress arrived to take order. Ordered bottle of wine she asked my husband what he wanted to drink he said having the wine also. She said oh I thought you just wanted one glass! He asked if they did beer as there were cocktail menus and wine lists on tables but no beer on offer. She said she would check if they had beer. Another waitress arrived asked if we wanted to order drinks we told her ordered bottle of wine and asked if beer available. Said she would check. First waitress arrived said wine ordered was out of stock and asked if we wanted to order something else. I said would have another look at list, husband also asked what beer available. After another ten minutes second waitress arrived I ordered prosecco and husband asked about beer for third time. Waitress arrived after another ten minutes and said beer available and told him which type. He ordered beer.
We waited 45 minutes no one approached us. I asked waitress about our drinks and she said would go and check. Other two waitresses avoided looking in our direction and busied themselves with other diners. Drinks arrives with apology forgot to put order in.
Food arrived very small portions but was nice, nothing special but enjoyable.
We had decided that we wouldn't order another drink or dessert as could not wait to leave.
Asked for bill. Arrived and was wrong. We had been charged for the round of drinks which we didn't get. We decided to go downstairs to pay and query bill at bar as quite frankly did not want to deal with any any staff member again. Spoke to manageress at bar. I said to her service poor and she said staff were ill and new staff tonight. I don't want excuses I want decent service. Staffing problems are not the customers issue and should never be discussed with customers. No discount or apology offered. Dining experience ruined. Uninterested manageress and very inexperienced staff with no customer service training. When paying these kind of prices customer service should be premium. Paid bill and left. Needless to say we won't be back. Went over the road to Angels for another drink which we would have had in restaurant if we had any faith they would get it right.
During the evening we heard other customers complaining of food orders being wrong, time waited for food and cancelling orders due to time they had waited.

4  Thank maryaP2312IM

Thank you for your review, we take all feedback very seriously in order to continuously monitor and improve standard.

I am delighted to hear you liked our intimate setting and that your meal was enjoyable. I am sorry to hear about the issues regarding service. We are training our team and putting service rules in place to ensure a smooth dining experience.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

When we arrived we told manageress/owner we had a table booked. She looked at us as though we had spat in her face! So rude.
Food was very nice and the waitress was pleasant. Were loathe to buy more drinks or cocktails due to owner’s attitude. Shame.

3  Thank Broge1

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you did not feel welcomed by everyone in our team. We take all feedback very seriously and use it to monitor and improve standards.

I am delighted you enjoyed your meal and that the waitress service was enjoyable.

I do hope we can welcome you again soon.