All reviews roll top bath pork sunday lunch superior room homemade jams rabbit dvd player the pub beer garden wine list shibden hall cooked to perfection main course yorkshire breakfast steak kippers booked a table
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We have had meals at the Shibden Mill Inn in the past, albeit in the evening and we have been disappointed. Today we had a meal at lunchtime. We were a party of 21 and we were asked to pre-order which was perfectly okay. All of our meals arrived together and all our party enjoyed their meals. The service also was excellent. I have said in the past that I wouldn’t go back but today I have eaten my words

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night, and they kindly upgraded my room for free.
Room itself was okay, although a little dated.
Shower was rubbish though. All hotels should have decent power showers and not those stupid electric ones with barely a trickle.
Some nice touches in the room, such as a comprehensive tea/coffee making selection.
However, no plug socket for the kettle - I had to balance it on a chair which is not ideal.
I had a couple of pints in the bar and they were excellent.
Had rib eye steak for dinner, and it was cooked to perfection and served piping hot. The waitresses could do a little more though - it would be nice to be asked if I wanted more drinks.
All in all though, a nice enough place and I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at shibden mill inn on a number of occasions & it’s always been first class. However I was disappointed with the afternoon tea for £20 a head. Great atmosphere as the place was full, we sat upstairs on the comfy sofa which was lovely however the savoury part of our tea was disappointing, lovely smoked salmon & pickle, an egg mayo with cress were delicious & then a tomato sandwich & a cucumber sandwich (yes really) as we had advised we don’t eat meat & expected a bit more thought would have gone into the none meat sandwiches or anything else savoury, I mentioned to the waitress & we were delivered another salmon sandwich. The scone, cakes & chocs were great just a shame about the savoury part of our tea. I won’t be booking afternoon tea again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy S
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here and had a fantastic time. Champagne with a view and they even supplied blankets. Food was exceptional. Staff very friendly, and courteous.
The room was to a very good standard.. Highly recommended..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Outstanding service from all the staff especially one of the duty managers Russ who was particularly helpful with travel arrangements in the wintry weather. The restaurant which has recently taken on a new head chef still serves food of the highest standard.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo