“Great place to combine relax & visit Copenhagen ”
Review of Kurhotel Skodsborg

Kurhotel Skodsborg
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Skodsborg
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Great location next to the beach and a 5-minute walk to the train station which brings you direct to the centre of Copenhagen in 20 Minutes. Nice white building with certain charm. All well kept. They hire bicycles and there is a great nature reserve next to the hotel with many deers. Breakfast is very good and healthy but it was for the 4 days exactly the same. Very friendly at the reception. A very good option if you want to combine a visit of the city and some relax greenery. Not too pricey for what it is worth.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Walther G, PR-chef at Kurhotel Skodsborg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Zitavskeho,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Kurhotel Skodsborg.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as trips to Copenhagen and "Dyrehaven".
We will pass your comment about the breakfast on to our Head Chef.
We would be delighted to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We spent 2 days at the Skodsborg and were sad that we couldn't stay longer. The hotel is a big place with modern infrastructure but an old, white mansion type feeling. It has a large spa and recreational area and large conference room facilities. The restaurant on site is excellent. The bar/library area behind the reception is cozy and inviting. A real haven for old style recreational vacation in a modern surrounding.

Room Tip: Any room with a garden view is fine. Make sure it is not too far from the reception area.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Walther G, Public Relations Manager at Kurhotel Skodsborg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Advents,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Kurhotel Skodsborg.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely one night stay here, we would have booked more but the hotel was full booked. So: be on time ;) I think the popularity arises partly from the fitness trend. This amazing Scandinavian hotel has all you need for a healthy fitness holiday - why to go any southern than Skodsborg? But let me get to the details.

Reception. The receptionist can do miracles. No doubt this is a high quality hotel was the first impression of Kurhotel. She had answers to all our spa and dinner questions. And we got a late check-out (half an hour only as fully booked but that really made the difference for us). 6/5.

Internet/Wifi: a bit slow in my opinion. My boyfriend suffered from this more (stating it to be slow). 2/5.

Lobby bar. My boyfriend loved his burger and I loved his sweet potatoes France fries. I took the mussels, I wasn't that impressed as the mussels on the top didn't have much taste. But then again I might've eaten them in a wrong way. Filled Water bottle costed 15kr. The service was excellent: friendly, clever and fast. 4.5/5.

Room. I was thrilled by the interior design. It really looked nice. Super clean (which sounds obvious given the quality of the hotel). 5/5

Breakfast. I was pleased with the options but my boyfriend expected more from this pricy hotel. There was, however, many weird (to us) things surely aimed at fitness people :) But what really was awkward was the service. The waitress didn't greet us and ordering scrambled eggs & bacon demanded us to go to her. She brought them to our table quietly. No smile at any point or "here you go".. Later, when older couple showed up, she went straight to them to take their orders. Anyhow, we didn't feel welcome. Later, more waitresses showed up and they had a better day. 3/5.

SPA! At first I was disappointed: only 3 pools one of which is for foots only. But when I came back again, I went to infrared sauna. It was really relaxing. There was also five types of cold water and hot water for tea. Another highlight was a Nordic light sauna - and especially salt cave. So, the spa is mostly about saunas than pools. Different than I expected (based on spa experience in Italy) but: Great! 5/5.

I would love to stay here again - and for a longer time with sport equipments with me. (Btw my skin looks so much better after the infrared sauna, I'm amazed!)

Stayed: June 2017

Dear Mirja,
Thank you for taking the time to review your spa stay at Kurhotel Skodsborg.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us - especially stating that you would love to stay with us again ,-))

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately I only had 1 evening to enjoy this hotel. My room was very comfortable and spacious with king size bed and very quite with a nice garden view. The restaurant on the 3rd floor has a beautiful view of the sea with outside seating available. I was able to use the fitness center which is extensive with modern equipment on multiple floors and offers anything you might need, it was a bit busy and took a bit to convert my weight, typical speed and distance routine on the tread mill to Kgs, Km/hr and Km. In addition all the instructions are in Danish, so if in doubt ask for help.
I had a light dinner in the lobby bar which was very filling despite the "smaller" main dishes. However if I had to do it again I would have dinner at the restaurant on the 3rd floor. Breakfast in the morning is also served on the 3rd floor. Enjoy!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear Road_warriorXTRM,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Kurhotel Skodsborg.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your room, food and fitness experience, while staying with us. We would be delighted to welcome you back, should you visit Denmark in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

ROOM - Double room with sea view: The 'sea view' was a small view of the ocean in between some apartments across the road. Quiet room at the end of the corrider, very clean, lovely design and super comfy bed - they even have a pillow menu! Great quality toiletries, mounted from wall dispensers, which was helpful. Downsides are the bathroom has no proper door - only a sliding glass panel, so no privacy. Also a 'window' from the bathroom into the bedroom.

FOOD - The Brasserie for dinner was great in terms of quality of food, but was overpriced for what it was. Service was amazing and our waiter was very knowledgable, friendly and funny. Breakfast was amazing too. So much to choose from - warm pastries, meats & cheeses, chia pots, quinoa porridge, scrambled eggs and bacon, along with fresh healthy juices. Staff were great and so helpful, arranging to bring out the birthday cake slices decorated with the Danish flag and a cute rocket - no candles, but still a nice touch.

SPA - The absolute highlight of our stay and we will definitely be going back just to use the spa. Worth every penny and its award. This spa is amazing and we loved it. The size, design and huge variety of experiences meant it's the best spa I've experienced so far.

Room Tip: First floor sea view - 539 had very limited view of the ocean from inbetween apartments across the...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Walther G, PR-chef at Kurhotel Skodsborg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear Rexie,
Thank you for taking the time for an extensive review of your Spa stay at Kurhotel Skodsborg.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our hotel, the food and – especially – the spa.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Kurhotel Skodsborg.

Walther G

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skodsborg
Amager
Hotel Kong Arthur
#10 of 118 in Copenhagen
Beach Hotel Marienlyst
#1 of 4 in Helsingoer

Been to Kurhotel Skodsborg? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK