The moment I stepped in , I was totally awed by their property.location is perfect- it is very close to a quiet beach. Fortunately, this beach is not frequented by tourists and one can truly enjoy the clean water.
Location wise it is 10/10.
Facilities: 10/10 clean, good swimming pool. Yoga sessions. During our stay we saw dance programmes and Veena/Sitar show arranged at their properties. I think they had all that is promised for a good Ayurvedic retreat !
Food : 7/10. Having travelled extensively in southern India, I didn't feel it had the authentic Kerala taste but I think it could be because of the Ayurveda value that they brought in. Nonetheless, the buffet spread was good enough.
Overall, a wonderful property, worth the money, and would highly recommend it to my friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Somatheeram is the world of authentic Ayurveda. A serene Aryurvedic resort by the sea in South India. Here you can benefit from traditional Ayurvedic therapy as well as yoga in a blissfully peaceful environment. It is one of the best tourism spots in Kerala, India. Located at Chowara Beach on a hillock 9 km south of the famous Kovalam Beach, Trivandrum, Kerala with over 15 acres of greenery all around.And for houseboat trip in kollam u can visit our kollam allseason backwater resort .. search for allseason kollam ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ClearTrip and Agoda so you can book your Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somatheeram Ayurveda Hotel Chowara
- Somatheeram Ayurvedic Beach Hotel
- Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort Kerala/Chowara, India