My daughter and I were so excited to experience an Ayurvedic resort. The surroundings are definitely picturesque and the little cottages are pretty. That's where it ends. The first night we were woken 12:30 a.m. to someone trying to break into our cottage. We turned on the light and they went away. We spend the entire night sleepless with the light on. Staff tried to tell us it was the wind or animals. We requested bottled water, hair dryer and towels. It took them 3 tries to provide them. We decided to leave 1 day early as our experience wasn't good, but they wouldn't even credit us for the last night we missed. We are from Canada, and we would not recommend this resort to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Somatheeram is the world of authentic Ayurveda. A serene Aryurvedic resort by the sea in South India. Here you can benefit from traditional Ayurvedic therapy as well as yoga in a blissfully peaceful environment. It is one of the best tourism spots in Kerala, India. Located at Chowara Beach on a hillock 9 km south of the famous Kovalam Beach, Trivandrum, Kerala with over 15 acres of greenery all around.And for houseboat trip in kollam u can visit our kollam allseason backwater resort .. search for allseason kollam ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somatheeram Ayurveda Hotel Chowara
- Somatheeram Ayurvedic Beach Hotel
- Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort Kerala/Chowara, India