“Relaxing family time” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Chowara
Newcastle, Australia
“Relaxing family time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We had a great 5 nights here and spent our time between the pool and the beach. We were suprised that there were no restaurants on the beach (which is nice really) but it did not matter as the food at Ideal was excellent. Good WiFi so we could skype our family on Christmas Day by the pool.

We had a room with two kingsized beds joined together. We asked for a mozzie net and they gave us one that went over the two beds - it was one massive bed under the net which worked perfectly for us and the two kids (aged 3 & 5).

Some very posh looking resorts nearby and lots of tourist shops.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

For the low price, it was a decent place to stay. The staff is very nice, and allowed us to use the computer in the office for no charge. They also have free Wifi. The resort is set away from the busier/ dirtier town of Kovalam, and is a short walk from a beautiful white sand beach (Chowara). Rooms were ok for the price - nothing fancy, but ok. The included breakfast was good, as were other meals eaten there. Meals are served around the pool which is pleasant.

Downsides were the very slow restaurant service (granted it was busy season), the strange layout (it says that the restaurant and office are in front, but they are actually about 100 feet behind the front of the resort, down a dirt path), the lack of presence of the office staff, and the lack of knowledge of the office staff concerning attractions/ taxis in the area. This last item is common in India though. There are a lot of other hotels in the area that seem decent are are around the same price point.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank JulesTraveller84
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

It was an amazing retreat to get away very piece ful great food service was very good. They could not do enough for us. Very reasonable price would cone back in a heart beat

• Stayed December 2011
Salzburg, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

In 2011 I returned for the second time to Ideal Resort especially for Ayurvedic treatment. I took my time and stayed there for 30 days. That was an excellent idea. I very much enjoyed how the doctors' prescriptions were exactly executed by the entire team of therapists. I enjoyed the emphasis they put on cleanliness and hygiene. That was primordial for me. My favorite therapist (Khavita) has been working there for many years and she knows exactly my needs. Even her colleagues were working with her harmoniously professional. The owner Hristudas, his son Sunu, the manager Flabour(who organized for me the taxi for Tivandrum trip and every other little wishes that I had- computer, internet, etc. ) and their crew - starting with delicious cooking and excellent service, with taking care of me when I was swimming, with cleaning my room so sweetly and kindly so that they wouldn't disturb me in the morning, continuing with the men at the door taking care every evening of me to keep away the mosquitos with smoke and finishing with the industrious laundry man who made sure that we had fresh sheets every day - all this team took care of me and made me feel like I was in the dreamland of India. I decided to come regularly every year, for one month. Please don't make it more expensive because I love you and I want to keep on coming.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Horiana
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I have just returned from a stay at the ldeal Ayurvedic Resort for 9 days and had a wonderful experience there. The room was simple but clean and roomy. The food was thoughtfully prepared and fresh. I asked the cook to prepare vegetarian meals without much spice and every day he brought the perfect meal. The fruit salad is huge and delicious. The pool is clean and private in a courtyard reached by a dirt path, located away from the main road so you can wear a Western swim suit and feel comfortable. The courtyard is a big shady green refuge from the world...except it has Wifi.

Unlike the people I ran into who had stayed at other more popular places I never felt that my Ayurvedic treatments were stingy if more people arrived unexpectedly. Quite the opposite. My treatments were 3 hours per day with 2 or 3 women attending with the doctor checking in regularly.

Flabour, the propriator checked in daily to make sure things were going as planned and bent over backwards to offer any kind of help from coaching me through dealing with taxi drivers to finding the best jewelry stores in Trivandrum. I wish I was there now.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Lynn F
flabour, General Manager at Ideal Ayurvedic Resort, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Dear Ms.Lynn,

Thanks for the positive review. Very happy to know that you enjoyed the personalised services offered here. Your sincere review will definitely help us !
One thing I want to inform you is I am not the proprietor here, just the manager since December 2011 :-)

Kind regards,
Flabour Welben
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chowara
0.5 km away
0.8 km away
Manaltheeram Ayurveda Beach Village
10.4 km away
Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort

Been to Ideal Ayurvedic Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK