New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in South Perth
usa
“pretty average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

stayed for 11 nights on business..original room was studio suite..sounds grand but its a larger room with less furniture on it and a lovely view of the highway outside and the noise it creates. Manager was effective and i was moved to a deluxe room the next day..with a great view of the city.

Breakfast is ok but def not worth the price...dinner is steak...even less worth the price...highly overpriced for a very average dinner.

stay at the hotel...dont book a studio suite...dont eat there, and make sure you have transport..very few places within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank albUsa
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

My boyfriend and I live with my mum and we never really get a chance to spend a whole day to ourselves and just relax. We arrived at 6pm because my boyfriend had to work till 4:30 but they didnt mind we were in a king bed with city view room on the 7th floor. The view is AMAZING especially at night, the city looked beautiful!! We would definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: Rooms with city view are AMAZING!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessicamei93
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

My first impressions were I would have to find alternative accommodation but as I had already tried I prepared myself for the worst. Luckily I did as this is one of the worst hotels I've stayed at in a very very long time. The lobby has a terrible stale odour...the air con system clearly needs an overhaul.
My room was large but extremely basic. There was a bar fridge but not so much as a bottle of water. My biggest issue was the terrible dispensers mounted by the handbasin and in the shower. PLEASE GET RID OF THE LIQUID SOAP AND OFFER GUESTS PROPER SOAP!
The bed was ok...just ok..the exhaust fan in the bathroom made such a roar I couldn't stand trying to apply make up in there as I was deafened. Thankfully it was 1 night only and will never revisit.

• Stayed February 2012
Perth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Ill stick to the facts so there is no room for subjective criticism.

A. I paid $380 to stay in riverview room on Australia day. I wanted to surprise my wife for our wedding anniversary with a view of fireworks.expensive ? you judge.

B. I pre booked a parking bay but when I arrived I was told by the car park security that I was not on the list.

C. Arrived at reception and was told that guest was to wear a stamp on their hand for security reasons. My wife and I were stamped with a childrens smiley face on our hands before being allowed in the lifts. Aparantly showing our key card was not enough.

D. I had pre scheduled and re confirmed on no less than 3 times that the roses I had arranged to be delivered should be placed in my room ready for my arrival. They were not there, and the reception did not know what I was talking about. Finally found them and brought them up. No surprise.

E. Room was barely 3 star. Check out the photos. Smoke detector was broken and dangling from ceiling, dirty shower, grotesque kettle. Did they even check this room? When I queried with reception about the broken smoke detector, she said "well make sure you dont smoke in the room". I was shocked but was checking out with a ruined anniversary so couldnt be bothered.

F. Views of river were good, but below us was the car park and rubbish bins. drunk guests on
balconies around and above us were swearing and throwing rubbish out onto the carpark.

Overall itvfelt like a cheap motel. Terrible service, way too expensive, budget renovation at best. Don't waste your time, even for business. The restaurant is steak and chips or chicken parmagiana. Very motel like.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mistaT_12
CIrvin, General Manager at Metro Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
I will elaborate on fact and will respond to your comments in the order in which they are presented.
A. A very thoughtful gesture for your wife.
B. The hotel is located in South Perth 2 minutes from the Swan River foreshore where the Australia Day fireworks are held. Unfortunately many people who are not bona fide hotel guests attempt to park their cars in our FREE car parking facilities not leaving room for our hotel guests.
To stop this from occurring all hotel guest who choose to stay at the property over the Australia Day event are requested to provide the registration number of the vehicle that they will be traveling in when arriving at the hotel.
At reservation you obviously did not provide the same registration number of the vehicle that you were driving thus you simply would not have been on security’s car parking list.
C. On days such as Australia Day showing your key card is not enough for us to monitor the number of guests in house, it is very easy to pass key cards to friends and colleagues. All hotels are public buildings and limited by law for the number of guests permitted to be housed at anyone time. This is for safety and security of all patrons staying in house not just some.
D. The order for flowers was not placed through us; we have no control over an independent contractor’s delivery service.
E. I am sorry that you did not bother to contact reception when you first entered your guest room rather than at check-out regarding the kettle, the smoke alarm and the shower recess. These matters would have been addressed immediately by both housekeeping and maintenance staff.
F. Considering the celebrations of the day and the heat hotel guests enjoying the Australia day festivities were very well behaved.
G. Chicken Parmagiana is not even on our menu, overall do you have the correct hotel.

Travellers are raving about these South Perth hotels

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Don't let the tired exterior and musky smelling lobby fool you. The Metro wasn't too bad for business accomodation.

I had a room on the sity side of the building on the top floor away from the traffic of the highway this hotel sits on.

The room was quite large and spacious allowing me to stretch out a bit.

The bed was 2 singles joined but saying that it was comfortable and the pillows were great. Nothing worse than a small flat pillow.

I had an issue with my air conditioning which couldn't cope with the heat wave the city was experiencing at the time. Management were great, they came up straight away. Within an hour they had maintenance in and when they wouldn't fix it they moved me to an adjoining room where the air conditioning was fine.

The room service and restaurant are limited (Steakhouse menu) but food was OK quality. The staff in the restaurant were very nice and friendly. Breakfasts were also fine with a fair range of food to choose and again very friendly staff on hand to start the day on a good note. Location of hotel also limits food choice unless you want to jump in the car and drive. Small Italian place is only option within walking distance.

Room Tip: Top three floors have the best rooms. City side has a fantastic view of teh city and the Swan River...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
#28 of 79 in Perth
All Suites Perth
All Suites Perth
#39 of 79 in Perth

Been to Metro Hotel Perth? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK