All reviews beauly firth lovely campsite food van cleaned regularly excellent site welcomed warmly short drive couple of nights stunning views city centre catering van static facilities scotland backpackers hairdryer helen
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We are new to travelling with our motorhome, so have been exploring fairly near to home until we are fully confident with the van setup.
This is one reason for discovering this lovely campsite, being in easy reach from our home in Elgin.
From the moment we arrived, we were made very welcome and were sited very close to the water's edge which was perfect.
Initially, we had booked in for 2 nights only but we left after 4 nights as we enjoyed it so much.
On our 3rd day, we had a problem with the cab battery but I needn't have worried, as Max, the site manager, came to the rescue with the 'site car' and jump-started the van ... great service.
We could find no fault with the site and the showers/toilets were clean and well maintained. My only suggestion for improvement would be a few more 'essentials' to be stocked in the shop. If that were done, I would have no hesitation in awarding 5 stars!
We are most definitely returning to Bunchrew Caravan Site next year and we look forward to meeting Max and Simon again.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice campsite with a great view over beauly firth. Inverness is not far away, 10mins with the car or you can take the bus, since there is a bus station at the campsite (£4,60 day-return, ca. 15mins).
The owner is very friendly and the shop at the site has the most common things for sale.
Unfortunately the facilities hasn't change much since my first visit 25 years ago, the are a bit...rustic.
Water is hot and they're clean, though!

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank Aluyada
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This camping site is amazing. Lots of camping spaces and most of them are near to electric hookups. The toilet blocks were well maintained and cleaned regularly. The lady at the food van was lovely the food was delicious and she delivered to the tent which was amazing. The scenery was lovely no matter where you camped. The only downside is the train going past but it's all part of nature I guess. Overall an amazing caravan and campsite. I would recommend to anyone that needs access to the city centre or loves scenery and nature. I will definitely be back

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank laureningram123
Management response:Responded 3 October 2017

Thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to add your review. I am so glad you had a good stay and are planning to return for another visit. I look forward to welcoming you back to Bunchrew in the future. Max.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Just come back last week after camping for two weeks in our tent this is our seventh year here and we camp twice and hire a caravan for along weekend in march hels kitchen is the best for food and company from Helen great site and there's plenty of places to visit and everyone is friendly there wether their on holiday or live there our tent is in some of the pictures big green one

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa R
Management response:Responded 11 September 2017

It is so nice to hear that after 7 years of coming here, you still regard Bunchrew as a great site with friendly people, and thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I will certainly pass on your comments to Helen and hopefully we will see you back here for an eighth year in 2018!!. Max.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Staying in quite a few places around Scotland, this one is by far the most friendly staffed.
We called ahead the same day as we haven't wanted to 'plan' too much of our trip. They waited for our arrival (we were late) and greeted with a smile in the pouring rain. The campsite is beautiful water side can camp/ put the camper anywhere, although the facilities aren't the 'newest' like others it's still clean and does the trick.
But the best part was rocking up to THE most welcoming lovely lady in 'Hels kitchen', a tiny food shack, having the best burger and chips (also serving more homely foods, snacks and a whole veggie menu very reasonable price), brought straight to our camper!
Stomachs happy, amazing wifi, what more do you need to bunker down in a storm?

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank adventureswithbea
Management response:Responded 11 September 2017

It is great to see so many positive comments about your stay here and thank you for taking the time to review the site and posting your experiences. I have frequently had egg and bacon rolls from 'Hels kitchen' on cold rainy mornings so I can well appreciate your happy stomach feeling! I will pass on your thanks to the lady and hopefully we will see you again in the future. Max.