“Quiet Inn serving high quality food in a beautiful setting.”
Review of The Struy Inn

The Struy Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Struy
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Here at The Struy Inn we pride ourselves on offering locally sourced home cooked food and fresh home baked breads. Our small, but comfortable restaurant offers just 22 covers maximum. So booking is highly recommended. Our produce is sourced from Highland Estates, local butchers, fishmongers and creameries. The menu at The Struy Inn takes advantage of the best seasonal produce available from the wonderful larder here in the Highlands. On a Sunday we also serve a traditional Sunday roast alongside our menu. To complement your meal we have a personally selected wine list, along with a wide range of malts, brandies and liquors. Our dining room is available for private functions of up to 16 diners, by prior arrangement. Please be aware that The Struy Inn is unsuitable for young children Your hosts Jim and Karen offer a warm welcome and personal service at all times.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had a fab meal here before Easter and would recommend that you book and go. I had wild halibut with samphire and my husband had lamb shank. The meals were excellent - locally sourced ingredients,really well prepared and presented. We enjoyed it so much that we ordered the chocolate fondant - always worth it if you come across a good chef. We were not disappointed - perfectly cooked. Such a lovely couple - family business.

1  Thank Mikeonhisbike

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were recommended the Struy Inn as the perfect place to dine while staying at the Highland Bear Lodge in Glen Urquhart. We were not disappointed! Karen and Jim have the perfect intimate resturant tucked away in Strathglass. Food the finest we ate in the Highlands far better than Rocpool reserve and a fraction of the price. Try the chocolate fondant - wow! Steak also the best i've ever had. Karen a simply amazing hostess.
We will be back!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of being recommended to the Struy Inn by our B&B the highland bear lodge, and they sure did not disappoint. From the moment of arriving Karen & Jim the owners were extremely welcoming and attentive. The service and food was of such a high quality it completely exceeded our entire 5 nights stay in the highlands. We only wished we lived nearer to go a lot more. Highly recommend the steak , lamb shank , sticky toffee pudding and the homemade shortbread!!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Called into the Struy Inn during a stay at nearby Eagle Brae. They were extremely helpful in arranging our takeaway (the fish & chips are very tasty) and providing a dessert to go. The owners were very welcoming and friendly.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My pet hate as a wheelchair user with a really big chair . Is not always to do with access but how the environment and the people and staff within the restaurant make me feel ... I went to struy Inn for first time.. I had the Haggis Starter and the Pan fried scallops the food was the best I had ever eaten, portions were perfect. But how I was accommodated for and was treated made the whole experience perhaps the best dining experience Ive had. My friends had phoned ahead and therefore I was seated on the same level as the gents toilet and if I had been female it would have been at a different table on the female toilets level . The table was just as I came through the door and had been moved before I got there it was all very discreet. On this particular night we got to spend time with the owners which was fascinating. The building is old so the doors will only accommodate an medium size wheelchair but if you can walk on crutches or rollator once through I had tons of space for a massive wheelchair. I never used the toilets so unsure of the facilities or space. My advice is phone through before you go let them know your needs in terms of access or dietary and the restaurant will accommodate ... I am so looking forward to going back. This place is a hidden gem .