“Luxurious yet affordable pet-friendly B&B! Look no further when you're in Warners Bay/Lake Macquarie!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tantarra Bed & Breakfast

Tantarra Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Warners Bay B&B and Inns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights for our wedding anniversary getaway and we were not disappointed. We also had our pug with us and he enjoyed himself immensely! There was a lovely little garden near the pool where he kept himself entertained (and did his 'business'). We highly recommend the Shambala suite as we had complete privacy and had a breakfast room with a kitchenette area to heat up food and make tea and coffee. That suite is also closest to the pool, which was just perfect on a hot November's day! Breakfast was divine - we especially loved the Tantarra Pancake Stack - soooo yummy!! Thank you Kim & Serena for making our stay so special and memorable! We hope to visit again soon!!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tantarra, Owner at Tantarra Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

My wife and I enjoyed two peaceful and relaxing nights in the Shambala suite. The room was large, spacious and tastefully decorated. The bed large and comfortable and the bathroom nicely appointed.

The hosts were friendly, helpful and unintrusive. The breakfast omelette the best I've ever tasted. A huge thanks to the hosts, who provided us with the perfect setting to unwind and enjoy our last few days in Australia.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

The room was smaller than I thought it would be from the photos but very comfortable and well appointed. My room opened onto a kitchenette/sitting room shared with another couple so very good if you are travelling with friends but perhaps not if you are planning on romance.
The pool area is sublime and I would book in to stay in the room facing onto this area if my partner was with me as it is just gorgeous. Breakfast was great, hosts lovely.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with others get the rooms that share a sitting room. For a romantic experienc...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tantarra, Owner at Tantarra Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Thankyou for your review. When we have single travellers they tend to [understandably] ask or require the most economical room. This also applies to businesses who book for their staff. We are a traditional and pet friendly Bed and Breakfast and do not exclusively promote or cater to the "romantic". We have a range of accommodation to suit - as best as we can - a wide range of "reasons to stay" - offering to all - regardless of their reason a comfortable bed, a hearty breakfast and a garden escape reminiscent of the "East".
Orange, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

We stayed at Tantarra for four nights from 4 - 7th July and found the service excellent. Hosts Kim and Sarina were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely stay again!!

The setting was beautiful, surrounded by a tropical themed gardens. The B&B is also pet friendly if you want to take your pets with you.

The room was spacious and well appointed and included wireless internet.

Handy to all amenities, close to shops & dining options, short drive tobeautiful Warner's Bay.

Best of all is the massive breakfast - full menu and yum!

Our Tips:
- Don't miss the great breakfast (Try a different one every morning) Omelette was the best!!
- Have a light lunch and go to Warner's Bay Hotel for one of their massive meals - cheap and tasty

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

I stayed here for a single night ahead of the Lake Macquarie Half Marathon in August. Serena was a pleasure to deal with by phone and email ahead of time, and made me feel welcome when I arrived. I found the room I was given very comfortable: nicely decorated, well lit with natural light from a skylight, and with a small but well appointed ensuite. I told Serena ahead of time that I would not be able to take advantage of the usual breakfast because I would be running in the morning, so she made sure I had bread, a toaster and honey in my room the night before so I could have a small meal early, and then she brought me a plate of fresh fruit when I returned from my run the next morning, which was very considerate. The bed was comfortable and I had a great night's sleep, which is the main thing you want before a race. You can't please everyone, of course, and while pet owners no doubt enjoy having their 'extended family' with them on holiday, I personally would prefer not to smell 'wet dog' in the guest foyer area. However the dogs sharing the guest quarters were at least all quiet, which I appreciated. Given the time of year and my reason for travel, I didn't make use of the pool or garden, but they both looked very nice. I enjoyed my stay, would definitely recommend it and would stay here again; in fact, I have it in mind as a potential getaway for myself and my husband at some future date.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
9.2 km away
The Premier Hotel
The Premier Hotel
#14 of 22 in Newcastle

Been to Tantarra Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK