La Playa Lodge(Cojimies)(Great Value!)
US$ 60
Hotel Crucero(Cojimies)
US$ 50
  • Breakfast included
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Comfortable and clean rooms
Delicious food
The owner of the place Peter, very friendly and helpful.
Good place to spend a few days on the beach
The beach is beautiful and is a place that inspires tranquility

Aston Lowndes

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We haven´t planned a trip with enough time, but when we got to La Perla Suiza, Peter was very nice and helped us. We got great vacations because the place is very clean, it has a nice pool and the beach behind the hotel was just for us and other hotel guests, it has a big shore . It is totally recommended for families, couples and friends.

Room Tip: rooms in front of the beach will bee awesome
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The Perla Suits Hotel is very nice place absolutely recommend for take a vacations
Thanks for you attention specially Peter very friendly
The pool is very clean the restaurant good food
Thanks again we came back the next year to take vacations and relax

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2017

My experience was very unconfortable especially regarding the owner, this guy thinks that he is the bowser of the place, his attitude was very bad since we arrived and make me feel uncomfortable to me. For Cheking in the receptionist ask you to pay first total amount. whe you get there the pictures you saw on booking are not the same from real. There is not any service for handicap people. There is not specified in the "Hotel Regulation" the Bottle Corkscrew however the owner complain the payment and not suggest if you want it or not, then in the checking out you going to get your charge. Wifi does not work well, Gym they said it is only for the owners can you imagine that? the food is no good, you get better and fresh food in Cojimies Town. The hot water is on the right side seriously? , Ac does not work 100%,, exteriror chairs had the bades quality I ever saw, Mosquitos invaded the beach. If the owner is from Switzerland he will know that his Hotel does not deserve any star. Local Ecuadorian Staff have more respectful and better service than this guy. Cojimies is a great paradise, but this kind of people can ruin your vacations. I not recommend you waste your vacations on this over priced place.

Room Tip: They said all the rooms has a great view to the ocean, then open the window to see only the back of your neeibor room!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Beto J
Reviewed 22 December 2016

To find the hotel from the road you just look out for the vultures on the open garbage they
throw on the roadside.( I enclosed a photo )
The drive to the hotel is over a bumpy road hopefully you have good car suspension! You will see a wheelchair sign that the hotel is for handicapped people. The entrance door is somehow in major repair! You just cross over besides with no signals over mud and stones to the hotel entrance.
Of course there is not a handicapped parking on the parking lot ! You have to go with a wheelchair over the sand parking which is impossible and not convenient for normal pedestrian with luggage as noone will help you.

For checking in, the receptionist is asking you to pay first for the room, giving you a discount for paying cash. That should make you skeptical enough what will follow.
Never pay the ferryman till you are on the other side!
Of course the promised Wifi which was just out of work when you arrive, will not work till you depart. All kind of excuses why it doesn't work! Explains they have Power Failure but installed Generators for the well being of the guests. The Wifi doesn't work in the room !
The handicapped room of course is not at all wheelchair conform! The Toilette door is 62 cm or two foot width. Minimal should be 2 Foot 8 inches.
The door is not enough to enter with a wheelchair and you face the toilette seat in front of you having no space sideways! There is no chance to transfer on the toilet seat! The wash basin is not for people sitting, i am over 6 foot but can hardly reach to open the water so great architecture involved for a handicapped room.

The shower is the biggest disaster, they put a lousy 5 dollar chair there. I doubted
that it would hold and promptly it crashed on me after having transferred. So luckily for the hotel owner we are not in the US i could have passed a lawsuit having hurt myself for an inadequate assistance chair made in china. Of course i didnt hear any excuse of the personal, just got the same inadequate plastic chair for taking a second chance. Great anticipation.

At least i had a good laugh when i complained to the receptionist, at the same moment the neighbours chair on the balcony collapsed! Remark from the receptionist; „We are in South America!“ Seems to be his famous sentence for explaining why something goes wrong!
Incredibly enough the receptionist a swiss guy told me we are in South America so what you complain about not wheelchair conform, we are better then most other hotels. I have travelled over the last 4 years nearly 50 000 fifty thousand miles across 8 countries in South America but never saw a hotel which advertised it’s wheelchair conform and it wasn’t. The owner is from Switzerland should know better what it means to sit in a wheelchair and what amenities makes a hotel wheelchair conform. At least if there is a problem the hotel owner tries to accommodate, but besides stupid remarks i didn’t get any assistance. Remarks like saying we had other people in wheelchair and they didn’t complain are just stupid i don't believe that ever someone stayed there
in a wheelchair at all. I prefer some local Ecuadorian staff which try to help then get some better knowing advise from somebody completely ignorant what means sitting in a wheelchair.

The price for that hotel is much to high considering what i have seen before here in Ecuador.
The owner should go to the Mandala in Puerto Lopez to see what is wheelchair conform and how the staff is helpful.
The furniture of the hotel rooms is meagre, not one table, not a single glass in the bathroom! No fridge, AC worked tiny TV with bad reception of the signal. They have tiny bed tables 8 x 8 inches. Double bed is small 5 Foot 3 inches hardly no bedding ! On the balcony only two lousy chairs. At least i had a good laugh when i complained to the receptionist, that in the same moment, the neighbors chair on the balcony collapsed. The receptionist remark on that incident; „We are in South America!“ Why you buy then lousy plastic chairs made in China? The room and whole hotel has no atmosphere, no decoration at all, having not seen one single painting or picture on the wall. Of course no information at all in the room.
The walls are built badly, that you can understand every single conversation of the neighbours bungalow! I hope they hold stand for the next coming earthquakes in that earthquake prone region. The water gets not warm enough if you want to take a shower
my neighbor complained he had no warm water at all i must have used most of it before
he took his shower. Not only my bungalow had problems!
The balcon door you can not lock anymore the lock is rusted ! Instead you block it with a wooden long stick, makes you wonder how secure the place is that you need such measures!
The beach was incredibly dirty and full of plastic, one of the worst i have seen in South America. (Look at the Photo) Why is the staff instead of hanging around and chatting to each other, not cleaning the beach ? Especially the hotel entrance of the beach which should be perfect ? It looks to me that the hotel is badly managed and that is visible !
I didn’t try the pool area at all, the chairs looked so cheap and lousy that makes the pool area complete unattractive. The food is much too expensive, charging 18 dollar for a small dish of spaghetti with 6 prawns !
The size of the serving is half what you get in other places in Ecuador, where you pay at the most 10 dollars. No excuse of the staff and no offer to serve you something additional! The Menu is written on a blackboard so they can easy change the prices when stupid gringos are in the hotel.
So they have not even a written menu The breakfast was ok, the served Toast no bread of course was deep frozen, i had to put the plug of the toaster in the socket since noone was around at 0745 with my luck in the hotel it just crossed my mind i could get electrocuted.

When i payed the bill in the morning from the dinner i didnt hear an excuse nothing i even warned the receptionist a younger swiss mann which was in charge, that i am going to publish that in Trip Advisor, he just smiled at me and didn't care ! I hope he doesn't loose his smile now when seeing my comment, which is correct by all means and i want to warn anybody to come to la Perla Suiza more then one night! Room is not worth more then 60 Dollars and the advertise it for 130 $. The best remark of him was if we left the
TV Remote control in the room ? I never ever was asked something like that before leaving a hotel but it frames the picture.
I have stayed in over 100 hotels in south america but this was definetely one of the worse experiences i ever had, witth a very bad host which didnt care at all. Better give your money to some local hosts then to some swiss guy which has no idea how to
manage a hotel !

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrieerbe
LA PERLA S, Owner at La Perla Suiza - Swiss Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay (1 night) in our hotel. However, we found your review misleading and we think it's not correct to make false accusations against us. We do our best every day so that our guests feel welcome and at ease. Most of our guests enjoy their holiday in our hotel and we continue doing our best for you. Anyway, we wish you a good and safe onward journey.