Review Highlights
Great service great view good island food

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
gamgrad
Houston, Texas
via mobile
Nice Beach

Reviewed 24 May 2018
CreolePeach
Atlanta, Georgia

All reviews rum point beach chairs great hangout spot nice beach wreck bar worth a trip jerk chicken souvenir shop water sports red sails fish paddle boards day trip laid back t shirts grand cayman sting ray city
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When it comes to picturesque views and sunsets that would inspire and impressionist come here. In addition the wait staff had a great time with my daughter and remembered us between visit. The food is good particularly for an island. Great value .. I don’t know.
However all together I would recommend coming here.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

I do love this place for what it COULD be.

I liked the fast, delicious, fresh, good-sized -portion, reasonably-priced food.
I liked their menu.
I didn't like that you are forbidden to bring outside food or drink to the beach.

I liked the free deck chairs.

I didn't like the guy in the Red Sails shack who was loudly dropping "f" and "b" bombs to someone on his phone.

I liked all the trees and hammocks.

I liked all the amenities available.

I liked that they provided water and cups.

I HATED the mudslide I had. Mudslides are supposed to be creamy and sweet. Mine was watery, tasteless, and not at all sweet. It was disgusting.

I liked the sandy beach and water entry.

I didn't like that I came prepared to snorkel but couldn't even brave to go in due to jellyfish, barracuda, and crabs that we're hiding in the jungle of seaweed growing in the murky water just as you entered.

I hope the water will clear and the seaweed issue addressed. I will go back but will probably not plan to spend the afternoon there until the beach is user friendly.

The bbq buffet on Friday and Monday nights looks and smells heavenly and compared to a lot of restaurants on the island, is good value for the money. Lovely setting to enjoy it as well.

Hands down, with just a few adjustments, this could be the BEST place on the island to spend an afternoon right into the evening!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Went with several people and wow what a waste of an hour to get there. Arrived and I thought it’d be something special and not so much..... We were starving so all of us ordered food. Us: 2 cheese burgers and 2 daiquiris $60.00!! 1 Chili cheese dog and drink $50.00!! Yes, be prepared to spend major money for nothing......

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We drove for about 45 minutes from 7 mile, but it was a nice drive and when you get to Rum Point, there are some fun things to do.. definitely feels like the Caribbean.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Much too loud music, coupled with a twenty-something drinking crowd and barely-edible bar food. A snarky list of "10 things not to ask someone from Cayman" completed the non-family-friendly atmosphere, makes this one place that my family is sure not to revisit. If you're young, have lots of money, like loud rap music and skimpy bathing suits, then this is the place for you. Beach is average for Cayman.

1  Thank sfairborne2001
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This was once a wonderful beach bar, the Strawberry daiquiris were the best I ever had, the small menu was authentic and fresh. The beach was beautiful, there was a huge brain coral that you could swim out to and there was no one on the beach. My last and final visit made me sad to see all of those things gone. If you want T shirts and overpriced drinks and mayhem, you should visit here. If you are on 7 Mile Beach, don't waste the time you will miss on the beach to get here.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

This is a must-do. But beware, there is a giant barracuda under the dock! The mudslides are out of this world. very clear water, get there early to get a chair.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Visited here with DH for my 40th B-day. Beach was clean and inviting. There is seating, picnic tables, food, drinks, and shopping. We arrived later in the day after 4pm so it was not too busy. Drinks from the beach-side bar were OK. We didn't try any of the food. I would visit again when in the area. Don't forget your beach towel!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Rum Point is a really nice area with a great restaurant and beach bar. Plenty of chairs to relax by the ocean and take a swim. It is also a great place to take your family and young children. Definitely more family oriented, but fun for couples too.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

The drinks here were very tasty. The staff wasn’t that friendly and when there was a line at the bar, the one bartender was too busy counting money and receipts to help the line get served.