All reviews full kitchen train station remote location hair pin bends ski resort half hour wi fi almost hours a small grocery store end of the day residence les switzerland pm aigle alps summer person
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Torgon is a small town.... With just one shop (very expensive by the way) so try to to the big shopping in Geneva.
About the apartments are very warm and comfortable. The recepcionists are very nice. The problem is the Wifi, if you want internet you need to go to the hall. As well we paid extra money, around 90 euros, for the Jacuzzi, light....
It is very quite this place, perfect for families

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

The resort is on the average but the staff could be effort to improve their mood to improve the satisfaction of the the clients . If you want to take a Sauna e use the pool you have only 30 min , if you ask some question don't expect a smile and some kind of simpathy from them reception . The wifi only in the lobby . The road to get up to the mountain is accpetable if you drive well

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank eduardomiyake
Reviewed 3 December 2016

Old-fashioned hotel without any signs of modernity.
Rooms are clean but very simply furnished. Wooden double bed falls apart. Mattress bed in the bedroom, Old, uncomfortable and blotchy.
Living room furniture is worn and poorly maintained. Sofas that can open them sleeping beds also coated fabrics very old and worn.
Hardwood floor boards is not well connected.
The bathroom is very outdated. Towels difficult and unpleasant to the touch.
The kitchen is well equipped and reasonably sized fridge.
The hotel is very convenient for those wishing to ski that is close to the largest ski resort and a favorite, but who wants to walk around to take into account traveling about half an hour until reaching the dangerous road to the main road.
In order to use the swimming pool of the hotel should book in advance and then receive a half-hour time using it and allow only 6 people at a time to use it. The pool is not properly maintained (ceramic tiles have broken it) and the sides of the pool are not clean.
Anyone who wants to use the hot tub also need to book in advance and get the benefit of a half hour. Jacuzzi is located on a separate floor from the pool and it is actually a bath for one person to fill that empty and alone that takes time allotted half hour so that you hardly time to use the hot tub.
There is a small grocery store, but most days we were at the hotel it was closed. That means any purchase of words I could have done just about half an hour in each direction.
The balconies of the main rooms facing the direction of view is. In contrast corridor behind the rooms overlooking an incredible view.
The hotel receptionist was very courteous. We ordered three residential unit double bedrooms and a single which we got was one double bedroom and two smaller rooms for children. I protested this residence was on the ground floor without any view. We asked the receptionist to replace and instead gave us two studios that had a large area and in each bedroom and living room.
The hotel's website is maintained properly and can not correspond with the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor if possible
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank roni0105
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed in a large apartment, clean and well equipped on the top floor. The view from the front and back balcony is incrediable, complete with the sound of cow bells. The outside looks like it needs painting but don't be put off because the room is spotless. Who cares that the wifi is only in the lobby, I go on holiday to get away from all that. We have been once before so knew about the drive up into the mountain, we warned my parents however all they saw was the beauty that the drive allowed us to enjoy. So each day the 20min drive down the mountain became something we looked forward to, driving past cows and sheep, wooden chalets and flower stuffed gardens. We even took a drive beyond the resort up, up, up into the alps until we could go no further and there we discovered an amazing resturant with the kindest, friendliest host, who made an amazing and reasonable cappuccino. He showed us a small hike we could take which got us to the top and allowed us to stand with one foot in the Swiss alps and one in the french alps. It was breath taking.
The reception staff were very sweet and helpful, we never ate or drunk there so I can't comment on that. The kitchen was well equipped and we enjoyed cooking and eating together at night watching the sun set over the beautiful alps.
This resort is close enough to drive to Montreax , Vevey, Gruyere, Le Bouveret, Yvoire (france) etc they are all close enough. We even drove to Zermatt (Matterhorn ), Interlaken, Lucerne and Chamonix in France. Everywhere you drive is beautiful so driving for 2 hrs if you wish and stoping along the way is all a part of the experience.
I would return again and again just for the view and the typical alpine setting.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank staceymandy
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Dear all
A car is a must if you are traveling with the family . This place is little segregated but the accessibility is within two hours drive to most of the places .
I travelled with my family as following a tough schedule of the buses and trains would have been tougher for me so I rented a car from Geneva airport which was pre booked by me. The drive was around 1.25 hrs from door to door. I reached les cretes in the second week of June and reached around 1100 pm .
Since I am used to hill driving so I thoroughly enjoyed it . Indian license
Which is printed in English is valid to drive in Switzerland.
Following morning our heart just sank down after watching the beauty from the resort . I didn't have a pre plan of visiting anywhere so I did not make any booking beforehand. I reached the reception and all of them are very helpful especially Ana Maria , who was extremely helpful.
I just roam around the city and covered almost everything by car. My trip used to start by discussing the plan with the person available at the front counter and they even did a tour planning for me !!!!
I travelled to places 1: Swiss vapeur park
2:montreaux 3: Lucerne 4: Interlaken
5: titlis / jungfarugh 6: Gruyere 7: broc
8: St. Bernard 9: les mines 10: Geneva
Etc . For everything you can find a brochure at the reception .
I agree the lady at the bar is not very pleasant to talk but I was not there to make relations . Apartment given to me was on the third floor with a beautiful view of the alps . There are two grocery stores one at the property and the other one is about five mts walk . There are two pubs nearby .
I found everyone very helpful there.
I would recommend to stock up food as you are staying in a village so everything closes pretty early except the bars which are open till 10 pm .
The excursions I have mentioned can be done using GPS OR GOOGLE MAPS . In the end I would like to suggest that of you are with the family then car is a must otherwise there are some limited time bound public travel options are available . Don't be scared of anything everything is manageable it is just that don't expect too much in a village .
Best regards