All reviews bras d'or lakes beautiful view owned separately large deck weather was great a great deal live music mini fridge nearest town lobster view of the water house keeping cabot trail cart challenge supplies grass
Reviewed 24 October 2016

We ended up here for 1 night as everything was booked due to a concert in town. I should have gone with my instinct when I called to make a reservation and the woman said she would call me back. She did, but it was 8 hrs later. When we turned into the drive of the resort, we knew it was not going to be good. The roof was in desperate need of repair. The lobby was worn down and it did not improve when we got to our room. The room was musky and had not been updated since the 1970's, although the bathroom had been. The lampshades were torn and only 1 worked. The lock on the outside door jammed and you could see where someone had pried the lock open. The restaurant was in the same shape. Carpet was worn and the decor was dated. There was only 1 waitress working that night and she doubled as the cashier and greeter. This was probably a very nice resort 40 years ago but she is way past her prime. The owners need to give it a lot of much needed repairs and a facelift!
Sorry to say I would not recommend this resort.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2tickets-RT

Dear 2tickets-RT:

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your stay at Dundee Resort and Golf Club. Please accept our sincere apology that your stay did not meet your expectations.

As of June 1st, 2017 we are now owned and operated by a new company and work is already underway to upgrade our accommodations. We also have a new chef along with a new complimentary recreation program with schedule activities for all ages. Together with our staff, we are working hard to renew Dundee Resort & Golf Club and provide an exceptional vacation experience.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

My husband and I went to Dundee Golf and Resort for a golf stay for our wedding anniversary. From some of the reviews online I expected it to be somewhat dirty and not pleasant but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was really comfortable and very clean. The staff were very friendly and even comical (refreshing). The lady at the front desk tried very hard to accommodate, we were allowed to check the cabins and the rooms before we made our choice. The room was clean, quiet and even had it's own balcony which we didn't get to enjoy as we got there late at night.
The hotel has it's own restaurant and pool. The food was excellent, especially the eggs benedict. WOW!
The golf course was awesome with some spectacular sceneries of the Bras D’or lake. The leaves had changed to their fall colors which made the views out of this world. Had an awesome time all around...even saw a doe on the golf course...pretty special!
In my opinion, this is a pretty great place to go to for an escape weekend...especially in the fall!

Room Tip: It's worth asking the questions. staff are more than willing to answer and accommodate.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Solange S:

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your stay at Dundee Resort and Golf Club. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay!

As of June 1st, 2017 we are now owned and operated by a new company and work is already underway to upgrade our accommodations. We also have a new chef, along with a new complimentary recreation program with schedule activities for all ages. Together with our staff, we are working hard to renew Dundee Resort & Golf Club and provide an exceptional vacation experience.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Stayed on Oct 7, 2016
Booked because the room had fireplace, husband had stayed many years ago and had good things to say about it. Went to dinner about 6 pm. There was not many people in the dining room, however service was slow, ordered the hot turkey sandwich. When my meal arrived it was cold, I sent it back, when it returned the gravy was hot, however the turkey was dry and they had toasted the bread which was hard. The dining room was so cold it was uncomfortable and one person was even wrapped in a blanket. When we returned to our room we decided to turn the fireplace on, we could not find the instructions, so I called the desk, they did not know how to turn it on but did try to track down maintenance, but they had gone for the day. My husband and I laid on the floor with a light and found the instruction on the inside, but the fireplace was not hooked up

The resort itself looked like it was old and worn, in need of paint and carpet cleaning.

The view from the top of the golf course was beautiful, and the highlight of the stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janice O

Dear Janice O:

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your stay at Dundee Resort and Golf Club. Please accept our sincere apology that your stay did not meet your expectations with our food & faulty fireplace.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

We stayed a couple of nights for a wedding on site. One bedroom cottage was adequate. Quite dated and desperately needs upgrades. It was cheap though at only $99. Biggest problem was the musty smell that we couldn't get rid of despite keeping the door and windows open. On the plus side, the housekeeping staff were spectacular. Extremely friendly and she couldn't do enough to make us feel at home. Restaurant was good but expensive. Carpets everywhere are extremely dirty.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear Glenn C:

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Stayed here while attending a wedding at the facility. Awesome location and the staff were friendly, but the building and the grounds are a disgrace. Loose boards on my 2nd floor deck and housekeeping neglected to vacuum the carpets in my room or wash out the bathroom sink. They simply made the bed, replaced the linens, tidied-up and left the room as is. The building looks like it hasn't been over-hauled in 30 years. The food in the dining room was good. When I checked out, the clerk never asked me if I had enjoyed my stay....likely because she knew from interacting with other guests exactly what I would have said.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bassblaster

Dear Bassblaster:

Again, please accept our sincerest apology. We hope you will return to stay with us again.