“Place to go for good food, beer and service”
Review of Waedi-Brau-Huus

Waedi-Brau-Huus
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Waedenswil
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have been here several times; food, beer and service are very good.

The beer degustation is a very good choice for drinks (6, 100ml glasses of their own beers). Regarding food I would recommend the flamkuchen, stake tartar or burger.

Service and atmosphere are very nice; sitting outside during summer is a very good choice.

Date of visit: July 2014

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is a micro-brewery and the beer is pretty good and with a surprising choice for a place this size. The brew master and is entertaining, fun and full of good stories in Swiss-German. Service was effective and friendly. The food is however pretty standard fair that you can get anywhere and the restaurant itself is sort of tucked away in a really ugly building with a really ugly small shopping mall and is in itself of absolutely no interest. It's a shame, if it was for the brewery and service alone I would have given it a very good.

Of additional interest is that you can buy beer to take with you, and they even make a beer whisky. I did not try it but I heard it was good.

Decent price for what you get and by Swiss standards.

Date of visit: December 2013
Reviewed 8 January 2014

It's just simply hard to say what we dislike...We always come back, bring our friends, relatives with us, they're happy. I think it's the best feedback we can ever make. I learned they got a new chef quite recently and the food became even better. We appreciate their variety of beer and seasonal offerings which are just awesome! Try their burger or some of their Flamkuchen, very good.

Date of visit: December 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

It really is a shame that the service is so bad at this establishment when the food and location is not bad. No idea what is going on but the last couple of times we have gone the service got so bad that we have vowed now never to go back. We went on Saturday 12th September 2013 for lunch and were met by two arrogant young waitresses. We asked for a child seat.They looked at my daughter and said she was too big. I said we had been two weeks earlier and she had used the seat and it was great. The girl then ignored what I said and got me a cushion. I said I dont want a cushion, I would like a child seat. She left very upset. Her friend then came by and again told me my daughter was too old (3 year old, for a child seat). I said again it would be fine. She finally came with it and was really angry and upset. We placed our order but then waited 45 minutes and no food. Other people arrived and got their food. We asked why our food had not come and they said they did not know. So we called for the manager. He told us the order had not been placed. A classic story of them trying to show the customer that the staff are in charge so hey we aren't going to feed you. Needless to say our daughter was now starving thanks to those lovely girls so we paid for our drinks and left. Honestly the place was more than two thirds empty. Can they afford to have staff that drives customers away? Not sure any company can these days. My recommendation is for the place to get new management with a keen eye on staff that actually like customers. You never know it might just make a difference and fill those empty seats.

1  Thank Defaultdisplay2013
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Went there last June with friends for having Lunch.
We tried the burgers and were surprised! It was so yumm!
The beers are brewed in their own little brewery and very flavourful!
The portions are really big and the prices very good! If you are in Wadenswil you have to go to the Wadi Bräu!
Highly recommended!