See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

My family came here after my Nans funeral and my partner and I eat a vegan diet. The pub catered for us way beyond our expectations and we were overwhelmed with how much effort they went to. The rest of the food was amazing too. Lovely people lovely pub could not recommend more.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We booked the Lower Bell at the start of our trip around the UK , We booked for 6 nights in a Double room . On arrival we were shown to our room by Holly who showed us where everything was . A great start to our stay . The room was in a different building to the Pub and was actually a "Barn conversion" . There are only 4 rooms . The room was not large by any means but had everything you needed . And was clean and tastefully decorated . There was Tea & Coffee but no fridge which is quite normal in the UK unlike in Australia . The Shower had good water pressure . The only fault we had was a flickering light in the Bathroom however it only took a few minute to work out how to prevent this and we let the Hotel know of the problem . We had Dinner on our first night and both of us decided to have the Fish & Chips & peas. My Wife asked if she could have grilled Fish and was very pleasantly surprised when she was told that would Bake it in the oven for her . Both meals were great . The English Beer was also very good. We ate at the hotel on many occasions during our stay and we found the food to be excellent . Even after our stay we did call in for a pint when we were in the area .

Room tip: with only 4 rooms its either a single , double or twin
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I had room number 1 which was a single bed in a tiny room with a kettle and coffee/tea making facilities, ensuite tiny bathroom (I had to squeeze my big tummy past the basin to sit on the throne lol).. but it was clean, comfortable to sleep and functional. I was only in need of a few hours of sleep as in the middle of a drive, arrived very late in the middle of the night (the hotel worked around this to let me access the room even thought no staff were around) and left around 10am- never saw a single person lol but this served the purpose more than adequately and for the price was a good deal. There was no breakfast but a couple cups of coffee with the small pack of biscuits they left was enough to wake me up before I left and I could have gone in search of breakfast elsewhere..Would go again if I just need a few hours sleep as I'm travelling as its convenient to the M20.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2017

it is sunday lunch 11th june . I don't normally write a review but todays experience was dreadful so I felt there was a need to.my husband and I have just had sunday lunch and on ordering we repeated the order 5 times many of which we had food repeated back to us which was not even close to the order, but finally got there in the end. the order was one roast beef sunday lunch 2 courses with spotted dick and ice cram and no cheese saucy on cauliflower. the other meal was roast chicken sunday roast with an extra portion of roast potatoes. the food arrived after a short while and the beef dinner was ok but the chicken was very very dry. on clearing the plates from the dinner coarse I say to the waitress there is only one pudding to come and her reply was I will bring you your cutlery. after waiting over 20 minutes for a simple spotted dick and ice cream and no cutlery appearing I go to the bar to ask for my money back. she says I think yours is just being made and then says oh you did not order a pudding. I says this was ordered repeated several times and paid for so I would like my money back . our last conversation from the waitress was oh you will have to pay for it first.. really does any one have a clue you were not very busy and how long could I have been waiting for a pudding ordered paid for but no care or thought for the customer today was appalling never been treated so badly. I don't know if you have anyone looking at your site but if today is an example I think you probably don't care.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2017

We booked the lower bell for my stepdads 60th birthday meal. We opted for a Sunday so we could have a roast dinner. There were 19 of us in total which included 5 children. The food was lovely! A good selection of meats and they were accommodating to my husband who wanted 2 meats and my sister who was a vegetarian. The puddings were very tasty and if combined with a dinner, you got a discount so very good value for money. Considering how big our table was the staff were really friendly, helpful and nothing was too much bother. They were fine with us bringing balloons and a cake for him too. Everyone commented on how much of a lovely meal it was. I would definitely recommend and will 100% be back! Thank you

Date of stay: March 2017