“Looking for an Amazing, Adventure-Packed Experience? Check this out!”
Review of Wilderness Tours

Wilderness Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wilderness Tours is a 600-acre adventure resort situated on the shores of the Ottawa River. Just an hour west of Ottawa and the National Capital Region, Wilderness Tours is Canada's premier adventure resort. With accomodations and activities for every budget, Wilderness Tours is everyone's ultimate playground. Bungee jump, whitewater raft, rockclimb, kayak, stand-up paddle board, mountain bike, or simply relax on one of our two beautiful beaches. Featuring the best nightlife in the Ottawa Valley, Rafters Restaurant and Bar is the place to be every night of the week. Don't miss our outdoor movie theatre, communal campfires, beach volleyball tournaments, and weekend DJ parties.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 5 September 2017

From arrival to departure, this was an amazing adventure to experience! Our trip leader Alex, and raft guide "Hot Rod" added energy, enthusiasm, and humor throughout the trip. The obvious high level of skill and expertise shone through with the rafting team - everything from safety checks, basic training guidance and the ease with which we navigated the river and rapids! An amazing first-time experience for my two children ages 13 and 6 - permanent smiles on their faces as the re-live the memories! Will return for more adventures - highly recommend the experience for those looking for adventure, physical activity and a unique nature experience!

All reviews
"year olds"
"an adventure"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The whole family went on the all day family rafting adventure. Excellent organization of the entire day by WT. Great staff and guides. We had a fantastic day! Nothing but fun on the Ottawa river, the world's best for whitewater. A great way and a safe way to have your first try at whitewater for any family.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

What to do when grandparents want to take their two grandkids, 11 & 13 for an adventure? Answer: Wilderness Tours. We spent 3 days there. The "gentle" rafting trip that pretty much takes a full day was exciting for grandparents and grandkids. The guides were awesome making the trip an adventure to remember. Outside of rafting there is lots to do from kayaking and paddle boarding to little hikes, swimming, volleyball, basketball, horseshoes and much more. The kids had a blast, we had a blast. Food was plenty, evening entertainment good, atmosphere fun and relaxing. We felt safe and well looked after.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We spent three nights at the resort in the McCoys waterfront chalet with our 11 and 13 year old grandchildren. Towels and sheets were part of the package as were three meals a day. We were close to everything and had a fabulous time. On day one we settled into our chalet and roamed around the resort to get our bearings. On day two we did the family rafting trip which was exciting, fun and safe. On day three we relaxed and enjoyed activities around the resort including swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, horseshoes, playing games and listening to the live nightly entertainment. It proved to be a wonderful time for everyone. We would absolutely recommend it to anyone interesting in getting out on the water in a beautiful area of Ontario.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I took my 2 kids ages 7 and 9 on the mini-family vacation, camping for 2 nights.
On arrival check in the staff were friendly and helpful, provided us with all information needed and answered my questions about where to go, what items needed and when, etc. We were provided with a full itinerary that was explained well.
We set up camp at "rafters north", which was really just a large area of grass and trees close to the main lodge and activity area. From there we had dinner, a great salad bar with enough choice to make a fabulous large salad, and a grill selection of BBQ chicken. Alternates were vegetarian chili, or mac and cheese. The portion size was quite large, and would suit any kind of eater. I myself am quite picky and enjoy eating healthy food, and this selection was perfect.
On our first full day we did the family rafting. It was AMAZING. We started with a breakfast that includes a buffet of fruits/cereals/toast, and a grill of pancakes/sausages, and home fries. Our trip leader and guide, Andrea, was incredibly enthusiastic right from the getgo. Her and Ariya, another guide, obviously love rafting so much and it translates into how the entire day feels. We were given great instruction, always knew what to expect, and felt safe. The lunch at riverside far exceeded my expectations, with delicious soup, grilled burgers/dogs/chicken, coffee/hot chocolate, and dessert... all with a nice campfire to warm up! The kids had a blast and really felt a sense of adventure and accomplishment. I was so impressed with Andrea, I sense that wherever life takes her she will succeed based on her knowledge and enthusiasm, and great customer service.
Our dinner that night was another fantastic selection including steak (done to your liking), potatoes, or pasta or chicken fingers. I can't forget to mention the other activities available that the kids enjoyed. The rock wall, the basketball courts, horseshoe pits, and the ever present fire on the deck with a great beer selection so mom/dad can monitor the activities while enjoying!
Our second day was the "raft n rod" trip, led by Alex, who set the tone with his confident and relaxed manner. Again we felt informed, safe, and ready to enjoy. The morning was spent with gentle rafting/sportyaking, and we got to try some cool manoevers in the "surf", which was really fun. The guide on our boat, "Bear", made sure to step-up the fun level by turning a sportyak into a diving board off our raft, so we could do flips into the river :) Lunch was at a site that I gather used to belong to another rafting company, now in use by Wilderness Tours. It has a beach, a really nice lunch pavilion, washrooms and other amenities. Again a warm fire, and delicious tacos for lunch. Alex was a wealth of knowledge of the river and it's history, and I found myself interested in learning some of Canada's little known heritage facts! After lunch we got to enjoy swimming (there is a waterslide and dock off the beach in this calm area). My 7 year old went fishing with Alex and other participants, and caught about 7 large mouth bass and 1 catfish, absolutely the highlight of his whole summer! My 9 year old and I went kayaking for the first time together, and it is a memory I will keep forever. Not to mention she now wants to attend kayak camp she loved it so much.
The only downfall I would mention is this - the camping at rafters north is quite close to the lodge, and there are definitely people partying into the night, so it is a bit loud and tough to get a restful sleep. It would be great if there was a quiet area to set up a tent.

***Long story short...Overall, excellent value for this trip. Fun, well-organized, good people, good experience, good food. I will be back with my family, and look forward to it.