“Another chance?”

Chapters Hotel & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chapters Hotel & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 31 Restaurants in Stokesley
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had heard that Chapters had new management - so far, so good. After the starter and the main we were optimistic that things were looking up, but then we waited over half an hour for desert (it wasn’t busy), and the food we were given was not as described on the menu. Disappointing. Also a second glass of wine from a new bottle was vastly different from the first, yet it was supposed to have the same label. One member of staff was especially helpful, but it would have been good if she had given us updates about the delay. Our concerns were dealt with professionally.

1  Thank Ann B

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to visit Chapters as we hadn’t been for so long after recent ownership changes. May I say we weren’t disappointed . Food was very good value and service fabulous. I think it’s time it will get busy again. Can recommend . Go and enjoy!!

1  Thank KatyAky
Reviewed 19 February 2018

This Hotel has not re-established it's previous good reputation through two changes of ownership.
Sunday Lunch. Starters acceptable, fishcake appeared to have been home made and tasty, not sure about the pate. Topside of beef was poor quality & tough, which was not helped by serving it around 5mm thick.very little moderate veg Desert, chocolate tart was OK, Cheese board plentiful but everyday cheese. Asked for extra gravy, served with stains running down the jug, most kitchens would not have let that go out.

1  Thank David W
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Under new ownership, we thought we would try it out one lunchtime to see what was happening to once my favourite eating house.
What a disappointment, two sandwiches ordered, a BLT and aTuna Mayonnaise both came with salad and fries.
The sandwiches were made from possibly the cheapest of breads, the BLT came on thin toasted white bread which had made the sandwich really floppy; the Tuna sandwich was on brown bread which was that stale we had to send it back but when it returned the bread wasn’t much better the edges still been stale, it was not appetising.
The French fries (frozen) were ok; hot and crispy and with salt and vinegar they were tasty.
The venue looked old and tired and certainly needs refreshing to bring it back up to the level of its former glory. I hope new owners and management can commit to reviving this venue. We can only hope that they succeed and we can once again rely on Chapters as a high end restaurant for Stokesley because we deserve one. Good luck.

1  Thank Michael W W
Reviewed 24 December 2017

For the past 4 years we've always booked one of the gourmet stays at Chapters with friends as one of our Christmas celebrations. From my past reviews you can see that we've always had a fantastic time and the food and service have been excellent. Sadly this year we can't say the same as our experience this weekend has been extremely disappointing. The residential side of the weekend was fine however the meal last night was far from gourmet. My husband's and friend's starters were average to say the least while my salmon and dill fishcake was cold in the middle and inedible. I pointed this out to the waiter who asked me what I wanted him to do. I said I couldn't eat it so he just picked it up and took it away. Amazingly there was no apology or offer of another starter. The main courses again were average - nothing special. The desserts appeared to be shop bought Christmas puddings. My fiend and I had crème brulee which should have been served with ginger biscuits. They were served with 2 shortbread fingers - again shop bought which were dry and tasteless. The waiters carried out a basic service of taking the order and serving the meal and at no point asked how the food was or if we were enjoying the meal. In previous years the breakfasts were lovely however this year they were not up to standard and although the waiter did his best the service was not great. There was only 1 waiter who was serving breakfasts and also responsible for checking out so we have to go into the kitchens to find him when we were checking out. On check out we pointed out how disappointed we were and were offered £5 discount per room. As my inedible starter was more than that we declined the £5 and were offered £10 discount per room. Wanting to draw a close to the matter we accepted this however the weekend in total was at cost of over £300. Needless to say we won't be returning which is quite sad as we've always had such a great time previously and always looked forward to our Christmas celebrations here.

1  Thank Sandra E