All reviews gourmet package two courses market square belly pork on arrival executive room sunday lunch next morning scallops yorkshire breakfast wedding venue black pudding nice room cooked to perfection full english bed was very comfortable evening meal
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

I booked a room for my husband here for 3 nights whilst he was on a business trip
His first room had severe marks from water leakage the bathroom had damp marks on the wall. On the second night water was pouring through the bedroom ceiling. He was given another room, this room had severe damp areas in the bathroom. When the staff moved his belongings from one room to another his wooden coat hangers which he had taken with his shirts hanging on were left behind. When asked if they could be returned he was told the room was now occupied and this was not possible....
This place advertises itself as a boutique hotel. I think not

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
ChaptersTeam, Owner at Chapters Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Hello Kate Clark

Thank you for your review.

We do find it incredible that you have not stayed at the hotel but still give us one star without experiencing anything that we do. We do understand that this review was written on behalf of someone else but it does not look like you have spoken with that person either.

I dealt with your husband personally; a lovely man, liked by our team, who really enjoyed the food, drinks and service we gave him.

There was an issue late on the first night and I dealt with it myself so know exactly what went on. Your husband was disturbed by a drip, NOT a flood, no pouring water, just a drip and we moved him, quickly and efficiently. Occasionally when you have a 300-year-old listed building, issues like this sometimes do crop up. We are in the process of renovating the entire hotel so this issue (it is an intermittent issue that had been repaired the previous week) will be permanently fixed within a week or so.

Your husband was very happy with his new room and had no complaints. Following your review we checked the new room – we can find no issues whatsoever.

As far as the coat hangers go, we could not disturb another guest at that time but were more than happy to forward them on to you.

When you consider all aspects of his stay and the fact that you did not stay at all, we do feel a one star review to be very unfair indeed.

Regards

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

As a vegan I have no expectation that I should be catered for. I know restaurants are busy with standard menu and so appreciate any effort they make to provide for me. But Chapters way exceeded my expectations. We gave a week’s notice of booking afternoon tea and boy did they use that time to come up with something fantastic. My niece asked me as we were walking in what my expectations were. I replied ‘not high, but I’m going to be grateful for the effort regardless’. How wrong was I? It was amazing. Not just the food but the attitude, the interest and enthusiasm they showed towards providing us with excellence, the service and value for money. We were overwhelmed. So, if it was that good for us - their very first vegan afternoon tea - how good will it be for other customers? I’m guessing very good. We will be going back for dinner very soon. Thank you Chapters- we had a lovely time and your effort, kindness and enthusiasm were so very much appreciated.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you SR for a beautiful review. I have passed your comments onto Connor, our Head Chef. We do also have a number of dishes on our evening menu which cater for vegans too. We are absolutely thrilled you enjoyed your afternoon tea

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Situated in a quaint little town. We stayed at this hotel as we were attending a wedding near by. They were more than accommodating to us,they let us check in wayyy before the allocated time, let us get changed in one of the rooms, took our bags to our rooms as they weren't ready when we got their and even rung taxis for us.
The room we had was clean and well equipped. It is an older building so their is a few creaks now and again and for me personally the pillows were a little flat. The staff were so friendly, making us feel very welcome and even remembering us the next morning. Breakfast was AMAZING by far the best we have had in a while, a lot of choice and cooked perfectly. The coffee was cold so we had the juice instead.
A great little stay for exactly what we needed!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you Nicola B for this lovely review.

I have let the team know of your kind words and it do please me to read your review knowing they made a difference to your stay.

I have noted your comment about the pillows and will be looking into these when we start our refurbishment of the rooms in the following weeks.

I have relayed your comment about the coffee to the staff too

We hope you come back in the next year or so to see the changes in the rooms

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

This is the first time we’ve eaten here since the new owners took over and we were really impressed. The food was lovely and excellent quality. We had scallops with celeriac. This was light and tasty. I had delicious belly pork with crunchy crackling. Steak was also ordered which was cooked as requested. Service was good and efficient. We’ll definitely be back. Well recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn C

Thank you Lynn C for this fantastic review, it's so good that I have printed it out and put it on the notice board for all staff to see.

Our new kitchen team ran by Connor, are working their socks off to provide Stokesley with the delightful cuisine that Chapters was once known for but with of course their own twist and flair.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Well since the hotel has been taken over I have visited the establishment on many occasions. So it’s with deep disappointment that when myself and friend visited on Friday night for drinks, we where told by a young man behind reception that he had put all residents to bed ! An that the bar was closed !!!
At 8:45pm on a Friday night !! Seriously ???
Well it seems the young man was been deadly serious !! No bottle of fizz or several pints to be bought in this establishment !! Must be lovely to be able to turn customers and money away !
Very VERY disappointed !
Can you please turn bar lights off in future so that it does not attract potential customers.

Trip type: Travelled with friends