“Great atmosphere and beautiful location!”

The Restaurant at Redstone
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Redstone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Beamsville
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 42
Description: Our philosophy is to create a cuisine centered on honesty, freshness and an unwavering commitment to our region. We strive to capture the seasons within the seasons - no matter how short, to create an experience based upon a "sense of place," that can only exist because of where we are.
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Met up with a friend for a wine tasting and early dinner and was so pleasantly surprised at the lovely location. Enjoyed 4 wine samples at the tasting bar before dinner and was offered seating inside or outside on the huge patio. There was a wait for outside so we opted to stay inside. The patio was huge and overlooked the vineyard with lots of gardens and fountains throughout the patio area.
Dinner was a little bit of a disappointment as I had higher expectations as it was selected Winery of the Year 2017. We each had oysters which were excellent in both taste and presentation. However, we each also had the kale and stone fruit salad which was very disappointing. It was simply roughly cut kale and unripened peaches and plums with a tasteless dressing mixed in. I would not recommend ordering this as it was way overpriced for a poorly executed salad. The other disappointment was that it was only after we finished did our waitress let us know that they serve pizza as well but they don't advertise this...I guess you just have to know??
Overall, we enjoyed the atmosphere and will likely return to try the "secret pizza"!

RedstoneMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Restaurant at Redstone, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Allift13,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback via TripAdvisor. While we are pleased you enjoyed our wines and the atmosphere of our building, we are extremely disappointed you did not enjoy your kale salads. It is our standard to replace any item that a guest is not satisfied with, and if a server or manager was made aware of the issue I can assure you that would have been the case. We do offer our stone oven pizzas on our lunch menu and do have the occasional request to serve them at dinner. I apologize you were not made aware of this.

Allift13, Thank you again for taking the time to provide with your feedback on your recent visit to The Restaurant. We take all of our guest feedback extremely seriously both positive and constructive. If you have any additional feedback you would like to further discus please feel free to reach out to me directly at nlonghouse@redstonewines.ca

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We went there for dinner it was I my wife and my 3 children, I and the wife ordered the beef steak that it should of been enough for the hole family it was almost $150.00 dollars and the children each had their own meal and we had to finish dinner some where else to be full, very beautifull atmosfer but way short on food.

Dear Meloall,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback via TripAdvisor. While we are happy to hear you enjoyed our beautiful atmosphere, We are very disappointed to hear you and your family did not feel as though your serving was enough to be satisfied. I believe the dish you are referring to is our 32oz dry-aged beef striploin served with gem lettuce, a house made Caesar dressing, pan fried bacon, and white anchovies for which we ask $125. The price of that dish primarily reflects the quality of beef we use here; it is a 45 day dry aged striploin from Cumbrae's. That said it is very important to us that all of our guests completely enjoy their experience with us and feel that their meal is of good value. Please accept our sincere apology that your experience fell short of that mark.

Meloall, Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent visit to The Restaurant. We take all of our guest feedback extremely seriously both positive and constructive. If you have any additional feedback you would like to further discus please feel free to reach out to me directly at nlonghouse@redstonewines.ca

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Our dinner was a last-minute plan - in the mood for something celebratory. This place did not disappoint. Outstanding service, amazing food and the awe-inspiring scenery you would expect from a Niagara winery. We'll definitely go back!

PierretteB,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback via TripAdvisor. We are extremely pleased to hear that enjoyed your experience and I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

On our third visit to this restaurant, the weather was cooperative enough to allow for lunch on the patio. We were celebrating our anniversary and were shown to a great table for two, close to the gas fireplace feature and with a view of the surrounding vineyards. The area is nicely outfitted with large colorful patio umbrellas and heaters. The patio was quite busy and noisy, with a few larger groups and some children who were allowed to run around with little supervision. Not exactly the atmosphere we were hoping for. We were able to adjust the patio menu to accommodate a gluten free diet, with help and advice from our server Michelle. This of course eliminated the pizza which seemed to be the most popular item on the menu. The Corn Chowder with peaches was delicious but lukewarm. The Mussels were inconsistent in size, the broth tasty but again lukewarm. The accompanying frites with garlic aioli were excellent. The Fish and Chips (pickerel which was pan fried instead of beer battered due to the gluten intolerance) was unimpressive and small in portion for the $25 price. Service was disjointed in general, especially when the patio got very busy. There were long waits in between courses and we saw many orders go to the wrong tables, or had items missing. Although our anniversary was noted on the reservation and the hostess and our server did acknowledge it, we were not offered a complimentary dessert or a glass of bubbly. We were not charged for our coffee, but felt it was more to make up for the service than anything, and was a bit on the chintzy side! Following the meal we stopped in the tasting room, where they offer 10% off of your purchase if you have eaten at the restaurant. This offer was not mentioned at our two previous visits, but perhaps it is a new policy. We have definitely had nicer experiences in Niagara on the Lake.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful spot, great view. The staff are excellent. Service was surprisingly good. But the prices are not justified. I had a pasta there. I don't remember what it was called, but it was quite bland.

Marking things up is justified for the experience, I get that. But it was like $35-40$for pasta that in my opinion, was lacking a lot. I understand that it's "fine dining" but that's a bit excessive in my opinion. Good experience overall. But I learned to check online from now on. I'd go back if the prices were a little more reasonable.

Dear indie942071,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent visit to The Restaurant at Redstone via TripAdvisor. While we are pleased to hear that you were impressed with our service staff, we are extremely disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction with other parts of your experience, particularly your pasta dish. I believe the dish that you are referring to was our spiced Sweet Potato Agnolotti served with brown butter, apple, grapes, toasted hazelnuts and hazelnut milk for which we charge $36. Given the high quality of products that go into our dishes and the labour intensive nature of that particular dish we feel that the price charged for that dish is competitive with comparable properties. It is very important to all of us here at The Restaurant at Redstone that our guests are always satisfied with their experience with us and feel our offerings are not only delicious but of good value, please accept our sincere apology that we fell short of that mark in your case. It is our standard to always replace a dish with which a guest is not 100% satisfied with and had you mentioned to your server that you were not impressed with your agnolotti I can assure you that this would have been the case.

Indie942071, Thank you again for taking the time to provide with your feedback on your recent visit to The Restaurant. We take all of our guest feedback extremely seriously both positive and constructive. If you have any additional feedback you would like to further discus please feel free to reach out to me directly at nlonghouse@redstonewines.ca