“Great Romantic Spot to Unwind”
other travellers have booked this property
Looking  South .........Down the Beach Cottage Beach ............looking North down the beach
Check Availability
Open ( Studio ) layout
Cozy Sitting Area
Full Kitchen
View of Studio design
Queen Size bed ( Pillowtop Bed )
Front room view
Island artwork on walls
Bathroom with shower/ Washer & Dryer in Closet
The Cottage 'showing the private setting'
A Wedding on the Beach
Newllyweds Doug & Diane on their \'Special Day\'
The Happy Couple Signing  Marriage Book
Sunrise at The Pink Sand Cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
trekker07
Gualala, California
“Great Romantic Spot to Unwind”
Reviewed 1 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

My wife and I each have our own small businesses, which means we're basically on 24/7. So, when it's time to take a serious vacation, we look for a dynamite, pristine, remote hideaway with the fewer the people, the better. The Pink Sand Cottage on Eleuthera Island turned out to be a GREAT choice!

Let me first say what it's NOT: It's not for the unadventureous or those who "need" all the comforts of the U.S. You will not find luxury nor glamour nor Starbucks on the corner. Grocery stores have limited choices and it depends upon what day of the week that particular store gets its delivery to the island, as to the variety you'll have to select from. But, we certainly didn't starve and did just fine. Try the Hob Knob cookies from the United Kingdom!....and the locally bottled Goombay Punch.....a pineapple juice with twist of lemon carbonated drink.....wow!

Be aware that much of Eleuthera is really a third world country compared to say..... Atlanta, Georgia. But the majority of the locals were exceptionally friendly and smiled and waved as we drove by.

Now let me say what it IS: The Pink Sand Cottage is an amazing beach bungalow located right on the edge of the sand dune overlooking a pink sand beach with coral formations right in front. We watched large black fish investigating the coral while we sat on the ocean deck and had our bowl of cereal and fresh fruit. A GREAT place to forget about the mania going on in the world as the ocean waves break on the beach right in front of you.

GREAT SECLUSION as we only saw 2 people walk in front of our cottage (on the beach) during the full 7 days we stayed there. The pink beaches right out front are phenomenal to walk on (north or south), but you do have to overlook the garbage that clutters it up here and there.

About 3 or 4 miles north of the cottage......French Leave Beach (the old Club Med Beach) is beyond words at the pristine beauty it offers. My wife and I think it is the most fabulous beach we've ever been on....and that includes Hawaii, Florida, the Maldives, Moorea, and Bora Bora. French Leave Beach is too far for most to walk, but is a great place to drive for lunch or dinner at Beach House Restaurant.....followed by a stroll on French Leave Beach......impressive and makes an impression.......are the guys out there listening?

Driving is on the left, which is an adventure when you're driving an American made vehicle with the steering wheel also on the left. This means you REALLY have to judge just where the center of the road is, as the driver is sitting on the curb side of the road as he/she drives along.

Eleuthera, a real jewel of an island, is plagued with no-seeums which are definitely a nuisance. Best to stay indoors with windows shut when they are most active.....2 hours after sunrise and especially 2 hours before and after sunset. Or, you can use DEET to minimize the bites. I wasn't particularly bothered with the bites but my wife was.

My wife and I will have fond memories of The Pink Sand Cottage for many years to come. We both give it a high recommendation. If you are looking for privacy and seclusion on a pink sand beach and can rough it a tiny bit, you will LOVE this place!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Seclusion on a pink sand beach at your doorstep
Liked least: Pesky no-seeums but you learn how to avoid them
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Kansas

Reviewed 26 October 2012 for a stay in August 2012

CT
Reviewed 11 June 2012 for a stay in April 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing