See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2016

I was able to add a day or two to a recent business trip and visit Giverny France. Monet’s home and beautiful garden are located in Giverny and I wanted to stay somewhere close by. This little Bed and Breakfast was pleasant. The owner was friendly and helpful and fluent in English. The loft room was large, with a small refrigerator, sink, electric kettle, and assorted dishes and silverware. I was a little worried at first, because it is right next to a rustic old church which was loudly ringing it’s bell on the hour. Fortunately it stopped ringing for the night at 10pm. I had only one small complaint about the stay: the breakfast was delicious, but it was all bread and jam, no meat or eggs to be seen. Fortunately, there was some cheese, plain yogurt, and fresh fruit, so I was able to have a breakfast that didn’t give me a sugar rush. The property is near Giverny, but not really walking distance, unless you want to walk along a busy road for almost an hour. It is very convenient by car – I went early and had no trouble finding parking in the free village lot.

Room Tip: The property is near Giverny by car – I went early and had no trouble finding parking in the free village lot.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2015

Sadly, was only booked for one night on the way back to Calais. Room was in a converted 'little house' and was really lovely. The whole place is in a walled garden and has a swimming pool. The room was spotless and very comfortable. The lady owner speaks excellent English and is very welcoming.
To eat, the Moulin de Fourges, 4 Kms away, is a must - amazing food and location.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Our experience is positive. We stayed in the upstairs of a two storey guesthouse. It had most things we needed. Would have appreciated crockery and cutlery in a place that has a kitchenette including cooktop and microwave. Pots provided but no plates or mugs. Found that weird. No corkscrew either (wine glasses provided).

Found it amusing that a Michaelangelo print was part of the room's decor when so close to Monet's garden as I thought a Monet would suit.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2014

We were greeted by Madame and welcomed to the room La Tounesol
A ramp was provided into the room even though the step was small, the bathroom was accessible but needed a shower seat which could be provided if required. The wall hanging was unusual. Facilities usual good standard Breakfast good and fresh
Friendly quiet dog in house Ninja tortoise in garden, an old male tortoise took a dislike to me or a liking to my shoes and chased me all round the garden even up the ramp into the room. It moved very swiftly and we had difficulty eating our lunch in the garden as we were laughing too much
In all a good place to stay with an efficient owner who does think of what her guests need

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Travelling with my 12 year old daughter on a road trip across France and Spain, this was the first place we stayed and none of the subsequent seven hotels or guest houses was better. Sylvie was charming and so helpful when we were late, due to long delays at the Eurotunnel. We couldn't find the place (had got the address slightly wrong in the sat nav) and she walked up to the main street to wave to us! We stayed in the stable block, which was charming, and throughout our stay couldn't have been kinder or more welcoming. Breakfast was lovely with her own homemade jam and plums picked from her tree. I'm really surprised at the two bad reviews because this was our favourite stop from the whole two-week trip. La Roseraie is a beautiful place with such a kind and warm welcome. We will return and stay there again without a doubt when we inevitably return to see Monet's garden again. Merci, Sylvie.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family