We were treated to afternoon tea at this highly regarded hotel.
What was good. On arrival we were greeted very warmly and shown into the lounge area where tea was to be served. Magnificent surroundings in a typical country house atmosphere. Comfortable sofa and chairs in front of a (unlit!) fire with a small tea table. Decoration could be described as 'shabby chic'.
Not so good, was the fact that afternoon tea was served at this small table and we were left balancing cups, plates, forks on our laps in chairs and sofas designed for reclining. It was only when we left we were informed that most people liked it this way and we could have had a table in another room if we had asked!
The quality of the tea was however excellent and good value for money, and the uneaten cakes were given in a 'doggy bag'.
General comment is that it was acceptable but that they could try harder. Afternoon tea is usually one of those things that to which you are treated and small things meant this was just not special enough. They have the surroundings but just let too many small things slip to make it a memorable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 500 acres, Stapleford Park offers a wide variety of country pursuits and leisure activities including shooting, riding and falconry. And after a day in the fresh country air, our house guests and members always look forward to a delicious, freshly prepared evening meal in one of our dining rooms and a night cap in the library. Our luxurious bedrooms, all individually designed, guarantee a good night’s sleep in style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Stapleford Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stapleford Park Hotel Stapleford
- Stapleford Park Melton Mowbray