Lovely grounds and a very characteristic building, but I agree with some of the previous reviews in that the gardens would look much more attractive with some colour, especially at this time of year. Overall service was good (especially the South African lady at dinner), however it did have its shoddy moments, which you don't expect in a hotel of this standard. Food was also good but dinner was overpriced. Why have a set price for a menu if half of the courses have supplements? (not just one or two, e.g fois gras etc) The spa was great and the massage was amazing, all credit to the staff there. The nightly rate for this hotel is very expensive and had we not benefited from a special offer then we would have been disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 500 acres, Stapleford Park offers a wide variety of country pursuits and leisure activities including shooting, riding and falconry. And after a day in the fresh country air, our house guests and members always look forward to a delicious, freshly prepared evening meal in one of our dining rooms and a night cap in the library. Our luxurious bedrooms, all individually designed, guarantee a good night’s sleep in style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Stapleford Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stapleford Park Hotel Stapleford
- Stapleford Park Melton Mowbray