“Excellent chowder”

Fitzpatrick's Bar
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Doolin
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hotel Doolin's Fitzpartick's Bar, famous for it's traditional Irish music, lively sessions, thirst quenching pints and wholesome food is popular with both residents and locals alike. Fitzpatrick's Bar is as much a part of the vibrant experience of Doolin as it is of the hotel itself. With its polished panelling, natural stone and open fire it offers a calm and relaxed setting during the day while at night it transforms into a lively bar with entertainment. The Bar is split into two sections. Fitz's Snug is our cosy front bar with an open fire, ideal for relaxing with a cool pint whilst listening to our live Trad sessions.The much larger back bar is perfect for parties and live bands. There are a number of local and Irish beers available in Fitzpatrick's Bar including:•Eight Degree - Sunburnt Irish Red•Eight Degree - Knockmealdown porter•Eight Degree - Howling Gale Ale•Galway Hooker•Helvick Gold blonde Ale•Blackrock Irish Stout•Copper Coast Red Ale
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Visited here with a bus tour. Lots of people, initially concerned how long would have to wait. No problem. Very well organised, order line flowed freely and easily. Friendly efficient staff. All the food looked very good and well presented. We had the chowder, excellent! A great meal at a most reasonable price. Recommend 100%.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Waited for 1 hour and 15 minutes for food! Starter or chicken wings ok.
My 3 fish special came cold and I sent it back. The fish was dry. The mashed potatoes were tasteless. My side order of French fries were the best part of my meal. Nothing would help me recommend this place. The barmen were unfriendly and prices high. I.was told it is owned by 3 business men from Limerick. I suggest one should be in attendance with their cash cow.
I'm ashamed to be Irish if this is what is served up to our overseas visitors.
Other places nearby are far better!

2  Thank L1755FVpaulm
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Doesn't have the character of the other pubs but certainly worth a visit. Always a good crowd in there most nights. The bar staff are attentive and friendly. It's not my favourite pub in doolin but still worth a visit !

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Beautiful tasty food, surprisingly refined! Really enjoyed the meals we ordered: the special - Dover sole, ribs, fish cakes. Beautiful presentation, fresh ingredients.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

This was next door to our amazing B&B and we had great food and service! My husband got the fish and chips and said it was the best he has had in Ireland!

Date of visit: April 2017