1,487 results
All reviews susan daly irish coffee her daughter o'connor's pub aran islands short walk made us feel yogurt irish hospitality french toast porridge scones breakfast was delicious two nights wealth of information traditional irish music stayed longer
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Wanted to add my kudos for Susan's B&B at the top of the hill in Doolin. Welcome was warm, location was perfect, and breakfast was lovely. Hope to come back so that we can spend some additional time here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was my fourth time staying at Daly's House, going back over a decade--with my wife, then my son, then my daughter, and most recently with my son-in-law. We all have agreed that this is a place we would like to spend days, if not weeks. Susan is a trove of local (meaning ALL) knowledge, which she shares with spirit and humor and love. I left this time with with a new poet to read and some new musicians to follow. It's a short drive to the Cliffs, a comfortable walk to the pier, a pleasant walk to three pubs on the other end of town, and a very short stumble and stagger from Gus O'Connor's Pub, a great place for food, chatter, and music. (And if it interests you, a pint or two on a tall stool.)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Wonderful family, wonderful home, wonderful breakfast. I could keep on going. Outstanding in every regard! Right next to Gus O'Connors and the Cliffs. Susan and family made us feel at home and were great from start to finish. Will visit again in the future for sure.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Our family of four stayed in Doolin on a rainy day in March. We were welcomed by Kate who sat down with us in the lovely sitting room, warming us up with some hot chocolate. The home is beautiful, and as clean as any I have ever seen. We had the two rooms on the top floor. It was a very nice set up for us.

Susan helped us figure out which pub to go to, got us set up for our daughter to do some Irish step dancing in town at the pub and off we went. We had a terrific evening in Doolin regardless of the rain.

We were comfortable over night and woke to a lovely breakfast. While we ate, Susan arranged for us to take the ferry to the Aran islands, it was all set up for us. Speaking of breakfast....wow. What a treat. There are many options to try which of course includes a traditional Irish breakfast or other options as well. I think all four of us tried something different and we were pleased. The cold options were also wonderful and plentiful. There is no chance of one going hungry.

I have already been recommending Daly's house to a friend who is going through Ireland later in the month and I hope anyone going this direction stays here.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018

The Daly House was our Bed and Breakfast when we stayed in Doolin. It’s not some ancient structure…but it was one of the most charming and well operated B&B's that we stayed in during our entire trip to both Scotland and Ireland!

The gardens at Daly House were as well maintained and colorful as possible at the end of September… The bathrooms and guest rooms were immaculate and well equipped. The views from the window in our room were lovely and they included the ruins of a tower castle. The sitting room was comfortable and our hostess spent time chatting with us. Both dining areas were beautiful with great views of the gardens. Our little dining nook was perfect for the 4 of us!

the buffet set up with fruit, yogurt, etc. tremendous attention to detail that Susan puts into everything she does! Scones, bread, muffins, crackers, olives and a nice selection of cheeses on another side table…again all nicely presented.

For breakfast, our table ordered a variety of options. There was Susan’s Special, top quality oatmeal with brown sugar, fruit and cream. Another one was the Feta Cheese and Tomato Omelet. My wife enjoyed an artfully presented breakfast with scrambled cheese eggs, bacon and toast. I went for something that I’d almost never find on a menu back in the USA. I had a luscious plate of toast with Burren smoked salmon over scrambled eggs.

As with everything else at Daly House, the attention to detail and presentation for our breakfast was just outstanding… We would highly recommend the Daly House for anyone visiting Doolin or the surrounding area! It’s hard to beat excellence!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family