See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just back from staying in this B & B and I am quite confused after reading all these reviews, people are going on about a great breakfast they got in Rainbow's End, I stayed two nights and received what can only be described as a measly breakfast- different types of bread and on my first morning some of it was mouldy. There were fabulous smells of a full irish emerging from the kitchen yet all I got was mouldy bread!

The room was great and I had a thoroughly enjoyable trip but rather annoyed I left both mornings hungry and confused!

Should change their name to Rainbow's End Bed and Bread

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Brigid B
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My family included 2 teenagers, parents and grandmother. Friendly staff and a great location. The breakfast was good with lots of tea and coffee you are able to walk throughout the town and see the Cliffs of Moher from the ferry dock. This was especially important as the cliffs were fogged both days we stayed there.Owner gave travel tips which enhanced our experience.

Room tip: The Family room was spacious with a high ceiling and 3 large beds.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Our stay at Rainbow's End B&B in Doolin was excellent. The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable - the woodwork throughout is beautiful. The breakfast was very good. Rainbow's end is right across from the bus stop so it is very convenient. Carmel the owner was great. We like to walk a lot and it was a healthy walk to the Cliffs of Moher and back. There is a trail but we couldn't quite find it and ended up taking the road - there was very little traffic. Rainbow's End is also a short walk from pub's and restaurants. We went to McGann's Pub and loved it - the music was great and they have a wonderful fireplace. Staying in Doolin is really worth it -- on top of our favorite places.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shelley H
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed with Carmel and Mattie at the Rainbow's End B&B in Doolin for 3 nights. Doolin is a great town I would encourage anyone visiting Ireland to check out. There are 4 awesome pubs in Doolin that all offer live music.

The Rainbow's End is owned and hosted by Mattie and Carmel, who are terrific hosts. The house is very clean and tidy. The room was well appointed and clean. Carmel also whips up a nice breakfast for her guests. The house is walking distance from great pub nightlife and the quant village of Doolin. Carmel and Mattie are also a great resource for local knowledge and can tell you a lot about the area and the history.

Mattie and Carmel also host the Rainbow's End Hostel, which is next door and a very popular hostel.

I would encourage anyone visiting Doolin to stay with Carmel and Mattie at the Rainbow's End.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Longhorn9701
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Drove to Cliff's of Moher with family over from Brazil. Too foggy to see anything so brought them to Doolin Cave. They loved in and we decided to stay the night in Doolin. Advised by " Paddy " to check out the Rainbow Hostel. When we arrived we were greeted by a lovely woman named " Carmel ". Offered is a private room for 4 in hostel or next door in B&B. Both rooms were spotlessly clean. We had a great stay and the pub is 2 mins walk with live music. I would recommend the Rainbow to everyone looking for value for money holiday and a typical Irish warm welcome!!!

Date of stay: August 2012