The hotel is situated on Sir Bani Yas Island is reached by water taxi from the Jebel Dhana jetty. Transfers can be hit and miss as they are subject to weather conditions and coastguard approval. We were delayed two and half hours crossing over as the sea was choppy but were well looked after in the hotel lounge located near to the jetty. Beware! The island can get cut off if the coastguard declares it is unsafe for the water taxi so be careful when you arrange to catch flights in Abu Dhabi. The twenty minute crossing in the choppy sea was a rolling and bumpy one in our view due to the design of the boat - we have had more comfortable transfers in the Seychelles and Maldives in worse conditions. Once on the island there is a thirty minute coach transfer to the hotel. As we approached the hotel we thought it was a power station due to the unimaginative exterior design! However, once inside things improved immensely. Our deluxe balcony room had a wonderful view out to sea and was comfortable, spacious and well equpped with free wi-fi and complimentary bottled water. There was a good range of foods for breakfast but the coffee service was very pooor. Staff clearing tables didn't check to see if a further drinks service was required. The cooking station was staffed by one person who was poaching eggs, toasting the bread and serving it to the table. My wife's fried eggs were delivered by the cook to the table when she had nearly finished. Whoever is managing breakfast needs to observe the breakfast service at the Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort. Dinner in The Palm is a la carte with a good choice from the menu and good service. We also ate at Samak the sea food restaurant and the food and service here was very, very good. Of the staff we met during our stay some were smiling and always greeted us while others were more reserved. April on Guest Services was fantastic - we had a transfer problem - and she not took ownership of it but resolved it - enabling us to get on with our holiday. She was always smiling and had a greeting for guests. There are a good range of activities provided by knowledgeable and friendly guides - we can recomment the nature and wildlife drives and walks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 64 luxuriously appointed rooms, suites, spacious one-bedroom villas and truly luxurious two-bedroom Royal Villas, Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara invites you to live out your own Arabian nights in a destination that is anything but ordinary. 240km from Abu Dhabi City and just eight kilometers off the Abu Dhabi emirate’s western coastline, the island beckons with a mystique that is worlds away from the hustle and bustle of modern urban life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Expedia and Prestigia so you can book your Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Islands Resort & Spa By Anantara Hotel Sir Bani Yas Island
- Desert Islands Resort And Spa By Anantara
- Desert Islands Hotel
- Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa Sir Bani Yas Island, Emirate Of Abu Dhabi