See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 November 2015

This place might have been nice at some point but it is not anymore. They are going to tear it down and put condos so they don't care anymore. The beach is great since there is no people but that's it this whole area has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Just absolutely beautiful views from the rooms we stayed in of the entire beach and moutains! The restaurant is literally right on the beach. Music is playing throughout the resort! They even served us on the beach under these individual tiki umbrella/roofs. The service was great! They were even able to pick us ALL (there was 6 of us) up from the airport, and then later that month took us all to montinita! In short this is a beautiful resort with a lot to find. Having a good but cheap restraunt and bar really gives you all you need right there. The staff/locals are very helpful for finding all the sites/where to go/ what to do. I would recommend this as a starting point for anyone interested in going to ecuador!!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank xMothershipx
Reviewed 29 July 2013

There aren't a lot of hotels in the Puerto Cayo area so your options are limited. But when I stayed here I believe the management had just changed hands. The restaurant was closed for remodeling and the pool was drained. I think there was only one or two other people staying there. The room had an awesome ocean view, but the salt spray takes a toll on everything and the place hadn't been maintained. The A/C didn't work and the bathroom was dirty with several spiders. Lots of rusty metal desperately in need of replacement. It was relatively inexpensive and maybe they've upgraded it since my trip, but I can't recommend this place based on my experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sam H
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I had made a reservation here and when I arrived was told by the manager had no available rooms, except ones with just cold water, no fans, no mosquito nets. She said it was 45.00 a night. I gasped and said that was too much, especially for no hot water or air conditioning. She replied, "well, it's Carnival". As if that was an excuse to rip me off. I was put off more by her dishonesty and rudeness than the price. I left and went to Puerto Lopez and got a room for 15.00 a night. It had

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Margaret L
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We made a reservation well in advance for $45 but when we arrived we were told that the $45 rooms have no hot water or air conditioning and so we were somewhat obligated to take the $70 room (quite expensive for ecuador). The location of the room was amazing (balcony overlooking the ocean) but the room itself was terrible. The linens on the bed were unclean (body hair and stains), there were no towels, no soap, stains on the walls and the fixtures in the bathroom were likely installed 40 years ago. The food in the restaurant was equally disgusting. Oh, and the pool has no water.
We left as soon as possible the next morning!

Room Tip: Puerto Lopez is 20 minutes further south down the road and there are many good options.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends