My boyfriend and i stayed at Homewood Park Hotel for one night over the Jubilee bank holiday. We had a special spa package which included one night stay, 3 course dinner, breakfast and 1 30min treatment each. We had spent the day at Longleat so were very happy to find a warm welcome awaiting us when we arrived. As you walk in the croquet lawn makes you think of old country manors and days gone by, very dreamy. It's easy to find too just off the A36 to Bath.
The hotel is small (21 rooms) but perfect for a romantic relaxing getaway. We had a fab room (massive bed!) and it looked out onto the hotel grounds which made you feel like you lived in the 1800's in a Jane Austen book! Our meal in the Lime Restaurant was superb and we had 5 courses inc nibbles and the chef's special to start (a lovely sweet potato soup in a shot glass)! The staff were excellent and very polite and the service was the best we've had in a long time. A wedding party arrived as we were leaving and so we had to vacate by 2pm but we had time to enjoy a great fry up breakfast followed by a few hours in the spa (heated outdoor pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna) and a great massage each. Considering the wedding party was sizeable, this didnt affect our stay at all which compliments the way the staff handled the day!
The only thing i could fault about the experience is that we booked through wahanda breaks and the hotel had not received our voucher for the meal but the staff handled this effortlessly and dealt with the situation by chasing the company for us. Also they could do with a few more loungers in the spa as there are only 3. But thats the only negatives i can think of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset