“I'll let you in on a little Secret.....”
other travellers have booked this property
Private and sheltered courtyard
Time for bed The perfect spot for a morning coffee
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Time for bed
The perfect spot for a morning coffee
Living room
Duck pond
Bedroom dressed for a proposal (and she said yes!)
Relax in the sunny garden
Garden patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jon S
London, United Kingdom
“I'll let you in on a little Secret.....”
Reviewed 12 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

My wife and I were looking for a couple of days away from our busy and stressful life so we grabbed our small dog and headed to the seaside.
The Stable at Rookery Farm Barn is a self-catering holiday cottage located 4 miles off the A27, south of Chichester.
We turned into Rookery Lane driving past a handful of small houses and were soon in open countryside with cornfields. After about 1/2 mile The Stable at Rookery Farm Barn Comes up on the right and we parked next to a small duck pond. The Stable has its own enterance which leads into a little courtyard and to the front door. Also off this little courtyard is a very private walled garden for the exclusive use of guests of the Stables (complete with BBQ).
The owner Julia met us in the courtyard and showed us around. The Stable is essentially a one bedroom holiday cottage with a very well equipped small kitchen with dining area, seating area with TV and views of the garden and a lovely bathroom with shower, sink and wc. It is very well presented and very clean. Julia had stocked the kitchen with a kind of 'starter Pack' including tea, coffee, fruit juice, milk, wine and snacks just to welcome us.
The Stable also has condiments including vinegar, tomato sauce, HP sauce, mayonnaise and marmalade. We were given lots of information about the area and directed to the local pub 'The Crab and Lobster' which is just a 6 min walk away and serves really top class food, wine, beer and real ale. Julia is lovely and the perfect host and left us very much to ourselves but giving us her mobile number saying text if you need anything and I am 2 mins away. We didn't need anything but before Julia left us she let us into a little secret. Just 10 mins away, past a farm shop, near a Church and after walking past wild life you come to a beautiful beach that the rest of the UK does not know about. We went and found ourselves on a beach, on the south coast, on a hot sunny day in July and we were the only people there. It was prefect for us and far from the madding crowd. If you would like to see this place too just ask Julia but don't say I said.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
14 Jul 2015
Thank you and good to know that you enjoyed your stay. My best kept secret is not so secret now .....! I hope to welcome you both again and Lulu, of course. xx
Joerg M
“Perfect”
Reviewed 21 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

The Stable is a beautiful, charming and well equipped accommodation. Everything is perfectly clean and lovingly decorated. Julia was very sweet and we were warmly welcomed with a generous tray full of crisps, cookies, tea etc. We couldn't have asked for more! Thank you for making our stay a very pleasant one!

Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
23 Jun 2015
Hi Joerg! It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely family. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you all enjoyed the rest of your trip to the UK. Thank you for your lovely review and I hope to welcome you again - Jx (I wish I could speak a foreign language as well as you do!)
drmarkf
Cambridge, UK
“Delightful, spacious and well-equipped”
Reviewed 6 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

My wife and I had an excellent 2-night stay in the Stable while attending a family reunion in the village. The accommodation is really nicely presented, spotlessly clean, quiet and entirely private from the main house. There is plenty of room and many thoughtful touches, such as a copy of the local Ordnance Survey map, and the self-catering facilities were excellent.
At the last minute our daughter decided to join us for one of the nights, and Julia was very helpful in providing a comfortable put-up bed (there was plenty of space for this in the bedroom).

7 May 2015
Thank you so much for your lovely review and I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I hope to welcome you and your family again in the future. Best wishes - Julia x
AP35
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic accommodation - would 100% recommend!!!”
Reviewed 28 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

My partner and I needed to stay in Sidlesham to attend a family wedding, we looked at lots of accommodation in the area but choose the Stable....and are so pleased we did!!!

The booking process was seamless, the owner Julia was lovely and on hand to answer any questions I had, we even arrived late and Julia kindly gave us access details. Wow we were so impressed, the stable is beautiful! A gorgeous building which is decorated in a lovely neutral tone and perfectly furnished. It has all the facilities you could need - we even cancelled our plans to eat out and stayed in and cooked instead to make the most of it! The bed was lovely and comfy and the whole place was absolutely immaculate, it really couldn't have been any cleaner.

We took along our dog Ollie (please note if you don't have a dog don't be put off, you would never know one had been in there it is that clean!!) the stable is perfect with a fully enclosed garden. The stable is within walking distance to some lovely pubs, we only stayed 2 nights but could easily spend a whole week there, it was great, not a thing I would change and we are really hoping to go back.

Well done Julia, a perfect holiday let and I am sure you'll continue to be busy!! We would 100% recommend!!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!!!!
Liked least: Nothing...all perfect!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
30 Oct 2014
Thank you so much for your delightful review. I'm looking forward to welcoming you both again and I hope you and the bridesmaids enjoyed the bubbles on the big day!
Melanie H
London, United Kingdom
“Delightful, cosy and convenient for walks and outings”
Reviewed 17 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

We spent two nights in this well-equipped, warm and delightfully furnished converted stable, whilst visiting family in the area and were very happy with our stay. We found it excellently located for fantastic walks straight out the door round the marshes and to the harbour at Sidlesham, as well as being a short drive from many other attractions on the peninsular such as West Wittering and Ichenor. Julia was very friendly and helpful and it was lovely to find that the basics had been put in the fridge for us on arrival. We recommend it highly.

21 Oct 2014
It was a pleasure to welcome you and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay - hoping to greet you again. Best wishes - Julia
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing