“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of The Forge

The Forge
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Fermoy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great restaurant in a town that doesn't have many decent places to eat! Not on the main street so it would be great to let tourists know that it is there.
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Good wine good food. Don't be put off by the outside or location. Menu comprehensive but not over complicated. Wine list to suit all
Was very surprised by quality and the inside

1  Thank catepb

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I recently had my son's christening here and I can not praise them enough from the moment I made the booking. The team at the forge were extremely helpful with all my queries.
I called in to discuss the menu and got to talk to the chef about requirements I had with certain guests being vegetarian and others needing gluten free options. Dan was a pleasure to deal with and was very helpful with the choices he gave us.
The week before Deirdre rang us to check all our details and a couple of times I had to ring. Even when Deirdre was not there I spoke to another girl and a man who were as I the know about my booking and were able to give me the answers I needed.
When it came to the day, the food lived up to all expectations, from the chicken salad to start, which is to die for, to the melt in your mouth steak, not one of our 20+ guests had any complaints.
I could not praise the level of attention we were given on the day and look forward to my next family function so we can go again. Will def be calling I for lunch and dinner as menus posted outside the door look mouth watering.
Congrats to Dan and all the team at the forge, ye really have a gem on your hands

2  Thank Corkmammy79
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The chef came out to talk to me when I told the waitress that our four year old was Coeliac and he talked through how the food was cooked. My husband was delighted with his steak. My beetroot and goat's cheese bruschetta was delicious.

3  Thank HowthPrincess
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I went with a group of people to the Forge which was full of different groups and single tables. The service was very slow, we waited around 1.20 minutes for our food and we were starving. The food was lovely but the wait was too long, please check that with your waitress and kitchen staff to have enough people when you have big dinners to ensure time is right

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Friday evening I was a part of a fundraising event at the Forge restaurant in Fermoy. The food was great but when they know that a lot of people will attend such an event I simply don't understand why they don't put on more staff in the bar. Sometimes you felt like they weren't interested in serving you at all. One waiter behind the bar and when he goes for a smoking break no one there to serve at all. I must say that I am not impressed at all.