Corcreggan Mill
US$ 151
Hotel Loch Altan(Gortahork)
US$ 125
US$ 232
Mulroy Woods Hotel(Milford)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 181/night.

US$ 103
US$ 93
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 103/night.

Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny(Letterkenny)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
US$ 92
Dillons Hotel(Letterkenny)
US$ 103
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 118/night.

All reviewsrailway carriagethe ownercampers kitchenquirky placeshared bathroomcamping areamotor homebell tentstudio apartmentunique experiencecamping experiencecontinental stylekitchen facilitiesthe main housesitting roomlocal walksmarble hill
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Corcreggan has it all: hostel, B&B, self-catering, camping, and you'll be treated just as well whatever option you take. Owner Brendan clearly labours for love of the place and its 'esoteric' and magical locale at the foot of Horn Head and the golden strands and will share freely with you his knowledge and affection for every last field and rock.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Usshi
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a great review for us. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay in this very special area and I see it as my sacred duty to ensure that all our guests have the best opportunity to get the maximum benefit from their stay in this unique area. I am especially pleased that the facilities at the Mill House suited and impressed you so much.

Hopefully you will return for more of the same ... or even more again.

Thanks again for your kind comments,

Reviewed 13 June 2012

The best bit about corcreggen isn't the warm welcome, or the stunning surroundings (Donegal is breathtaking), or the wealth of adivce and tips available - the best bit about Corcreggen is that Brendan clearly loves his hostel and his project with a passion. And that passion tranmits itself into the Hostel and the experience. I loved it. I stayed for 5 days after originally booking only for 4 and changing my ongoing plans so I could stay longer.
I've travelled 37 countries and 5 continents - and this is the BEST hostel experience of it all purely because of how much it is a project of love for the owner. It's not a business to Brendan, or even a living - it's a chosen way of life and if you go - you get sucked into it.
My only warning would be - if you intend to go and stay a few days - book LONGER than you would normally. I wish i'd booked 7 days. I'd like to go back for even longer than that.
I hope very much to go back next year. I left feeling utterly relaxed, inspired, and deeply warmed. But I truly did NOT want to leave yet... visit! You'll love it. Andy (Bath)

Room Tip: I'd prefer 1st floor north side for views if I think about it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AndrewManister
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Oh Andy ... you are so romantic. If I don't watch out I'll have people running Singles Weekends and dating services here. Maybe you'd like to do the marketing for me.

Serioudsly though, I am very grateful for the lovely, heartfelt review. Insights like yours are rarely possible in stays of less than three days. Sfter all, you have been preceeded by a range of earlier, notable romantics and writers such as Yeats, Russel, Pearse, Chesterton and many more, whom I believe were imbued with the same sense of magic as a result of their visits and associations with this area.

If you ever read this I would love to get in contact again so as to send you a new short story I have just written about another naval aviator I met many years ago and who was equally gifted in the realms of adventure, nature, writing and romance.

Masny thanks for your custom and kind comments. Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards to you and Claire,

Reviewed 12 June 2012

This is a Hotel/Hostel/Campside where you feel truly welcome. The host gives great tips for adventures in the beautiful surrounding, the house is extremely clean, cosy atmosphere, honest interior, great outdoors, celtic , amazing!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank eva k
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Many thanks, Eva, for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of the property and area.

Looking forward tyo your retern,
Brendan

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Corcreggan Mill had nearly everything I want in accommodation - setting, comfort, uniqueness, friendly owner and staff - but so much more. Brendan is an absolute wealth of information and actually loves talking to guests - a rare thing in the hospitality industry! My only regret is that we could not stay longer, I would recommend to everyone to spend AT LEAST 3 nights, but preferably a whole week! Where else in the world would you get an impromptu session at Sunday morning breakfast?

One thing though! Book your accommodation through their web site to ensure they get all your money, otherwise they lose at least 10% to the booking agent.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there are different types of rooms - our private rooms (for 2 people) on the ground floor at the back were quiet, warm, clean, big enough, and had bright, clean bathrooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank DeborahMildura
BrendanRohan, Owner at Corcreggan Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Hello Deborah,
Many thanks for taking the trouble to post such a complimentary review.

I'm really glad you enjoyed your time with us but then, you gave yourself every opportunity by staying a few days, which can result in such magical and zany experiences as that which you enjoyed.

That was meant to be a very busy morning for us (doing other things) and it only unfolded as it did because we all abandoned our 'schedules' and relaxed into 'the happening' . It really was an incredible impromptu session with so many original compositions of song, music, story-telling and poetry being shared. The walls have absorbed the atmosphere which you all contributed to so willingly and magnificently and they will impart the magic to other guests.

Thank you for YOUR gifts of true friendship and generosity of spirit which we all availed of to the full. Hopefully we will enjoy such gifts and your good company again in the not-too-distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2012

For first time International travellers like ourselves, picking the mill on the far nothern coast was kind of a shot in the dark.. and one of the best decision we've made our entire trip. The location itself is absolutely stunning- postcards should be envious. The small town is quaint and full of friendly locals. But what we'll remember the most is the hostel, gorgeous and full of country charm it's covered in wildflowers and greenery so picturesque you just want to sit out near the small babbling creek and just memorize it all. Besides the mill itself you'll adore the staff- Brendan, Luciana, Mariana and of course the lovely Danu. They made this place our first taste of home since we've been out on the road. Nowhere else will you find people as warm and inviting, as ready to do anything needed and then some to make you feel comfortable as you will with the staff of the Corcreggan Mill. Each and every one of them went above and beyond for us two silly American backpacker girls, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I got teary eyed when it was time to leave. Originally planning to stay one night, we stayed three- and you'll do the same when you set foot on the charming property and meet the smiling faces there. If you don't have a vehicle, hitchhiking is easy and safe to and from the village. You can access amazing must-see trails that will lead you all around fields, stone formations, and one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. If you want a place to stay with true heart that will leave a lasting impression, Corcreggan Mill is the right choice. Truly one of the most wonderful places in Ireland, and one of my top reasons alone to return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank skyebentley

WOW. What an incredibly complimentary review.

I wish I knew who to thank for it but I suspect that you are one of the two lovely American girls who would have stayed forever, if only they had missed that early morning bus to Belfast.. Your review is so good that even if I was to pay someone to do so, they wouldn't have done such a good job. It struck me that I should dress up in a disguise, pretend I'm a tourist and enjoy for myself the sights and sounds you describe so perfectly.

My main aim these past two years has been to try to convince potential guests to stay three days (no matter where in Ireland they stay) so as to have such a memorable experience as you have just described. This area is particularly rich in magical places and people that I feel honoured to live here and facilitate my guests in having similar experiences.

I look forward to your return and hope it won't be too long before you do so. Many thanks for taking the trouble and posting such a wonderful description of your stay with us.

Best regards,
Brendan, Marina, Luciana and Danu.