Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Fitnessworldexplorer
County Dublin, Ireland

Powerscourt Hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Nov 2016via mobile
Powerscourt truly is a 5 star Resort, it has it all.
I have stayed here many times and each time the service is impeccable.
The hotel grounds are breathtaking with the beautiful Wicklow mountains surrounding, especially this time of year,the Autumn colours are stunning.

The bedrooms are spacious and the beds are xtra large with super super soft bedding. Everything at the touch of a button.Marble decorated bathrooms with rain shower and large bath tub, heaven.
Includes all of your toiletries with twin wash basins.
The large mirror in the bathroom has a television screen, you can bathe and watch some tv all at once.
The bedrooms have a great view of the Sugar loaf Mountain.

The spa facilities are fantastic, from the hamman suite which is always at perfect temperature to the relaxing lounges surrounding a Swarovski crystal lit pool, pure bliss.

The lunch served here at the spa is delicious, healthy and just the right amount.

The gym comes fully equipped with a stunning view of the Sugar loaf while you work out.
Good pumping tunes in the gym, water dispensers and towels available.

I have written about the Spa separately under the heading Powerscourt Espa, check it out.

I've previously eaten in the Sika restaurant in the past so decided to give Mcgills pub a go, the food was very tasty with a good variety on the menu and reasonably priced.

Breakfast in the Sika restaurant was a huge self service buffet a full Irish, many other hot options together with a selection of fruit, juices,homemade pastries, breads and muffins, a superb selection.

The food and service was premium as you would expect the staff are super friendly.

Powerscourt is an excellent base for hiking,exploring, or relaxation and has the very best scenic surroundings for locals or tourists,if you are staying here to explore Dublin be sure to give yourself plenty of time to enjoy the facilities and hotel surroundings.
Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 11 Nov 2016
Dear Fitnessworldexplorer,

I am delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed our property and your time with us. I can assure you that your kind words mean a lot to all of the team here.

I would like to thank you for such a wonderful, eloquent and comprehensive review of your experience with us and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Powerscourt for many years to come.

₹15,033
    ₹22,055
Beachfront
View more hotels in Enniskerry
4,021 results
All reviews sika restaurant sugar loaf lounge ritz carlton mountain view suite sugarloaf mountain mcgills bar beautiful hotel sugarloaf lounge the pub the river walk afternoon tea walk in wardrobe five star hotel pure luxury upgraded to a suite special occasion star experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 November 2016

A large group of us came here for a family member's special birthday. When you walk in to the lobby and see the Suagr Loaf Lounge in front of you, it is magical. What an atmosphere.

Service (in person) was excellent throughout. Over the phone, it was less so. Requests were slow to be actioned (or weren't actioned at all in the case of an issue with the spa). But when you were dealing with people in person, they couldn't be more helpful.

Rooms are huge and very impressive. Could have spent a week there.

Cocktails in particular were delicious and can't fault any of the drinks we had - great wine lists and whiskey selections. Food on the other hand was lower quality than I'd have expected for the price and the star rating. It wasn't bad, just not befitting its cost and location. You would be better placed going into Enniskerry for cheaper and better food.

Overall, it was a lovely experience and a wonderful stay in a beautiful part of the country. I had a great time and cannot wait to return!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sooth L
Dara C, Director of Operations at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Dear Sooth L,

Thank you for and for taking the time to post your Powerscourt experience through TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your very kind comments about our property, service and most importantly - our cocktails!. I am delighted that our team were able to make you feel so welcome and comfortable, especially given the special nature of the visit.

I would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback.

Once again, thank you for choosing Powerscourt and I do hope it won’t be too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

A beautiful hotel with all the benefits you would expect. The perfect spot for 24 hrs of r&r.
The room was large with plenty of space and the breakfast room was beautifully laid out. The spa and pool areas were spacious and done to a great standard.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Dara C, Director off Operations at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear willow003,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your very kind comments about our property. I am delighted to hear that you were so impressed by every aspect of your stay and the experience that we can offer.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Just after staying here and I have to say..all in all we had a lovely stay. Very nice atmosphere, very nice room, food ,people etc.... Swift check in also which I like.
Just two little things that picked at us so just wanted to inform hotel to maybe consider.
Firstly when we entered our room there were two items, a Coca Cola bottle from previous guests left on bathroom floor and a girls hair accessory left in room.
Not a major problem but wished they weren't there.
Secondly...we went to Mc Gills pub after dinner for a drink which was nice but there was an AWFUL smell throughout the pub from the oil in the kitchen part of pub. Very off putting I thought. Maybe close kitchen door or something else??
Anyhow....these are minor as we did have a very pleasant stay...but just wanted to inform hotel . We had a lovely time but unfortunately it's these little things that stick in your mind. Wouldn't put me off going again though I have to say...👍

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear aineplunkett,

I would like to thank you both for choosing Powerscourt and for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us, despite the shortcomings which you have mentioned above. I can assure you that your comments have been taken on board.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Powerscourt the next time that your travels guide you back to The Wicklow Mountains.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

This property is one of the best and so we try to visit a couple of times a year. However....on arrival we checked in, brought our bags up to the sumptuous room and decided to sample the delights in the bar. On arrival into the bar, there seemed to be an altercation between the staff members and their floor manage, the atmosphere was terribly uncomfortable and unprofessional. Due to the bad feeling in the air, the staff were really unfriendly and could care less about our order! We persevered and ordered our drinks at the bar, and all was well in our minds.
The restaurant was as brilliant as always and the atmosphere in McGills was as always. Can't wait to go back, but hope that the staff have resolved their differences :)

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelbL6395ZS

Dear Michael B,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review to our TripAdvisor page.

I am delighted to hear that you were so impressed by your experience at Powerscourt and that the team took such good care of you throughout your time with us.

It was very disappointing to read that your experience was soured at our lounge and I can assure you that it was an isolated incident which has since been resolved. I would like to sincerely apologise that it impacted on your experience.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

This autograph Hotel is the best possible option in the Wicklow. Hotel surroundings are beautiful green and unique. Excellent location if you are looking for a quiet romantic vacation as well as a great place for business events. Staff are very helpful and service is at the highest level. Rooms are very spacious, comfortable and will meet all your requirements..

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Moyse C,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we greatly appreciate your kind words and gracious recommendation, I can assure you that it means a lot to everyone here.