Booked a double room on a Saturday night end of September.
The pub hotel is located in a very central position in Enniskerry, overlooking the village square. There’s no arguing that it is one of the most quinte essential village pub hotels I’ve ever stayed in (and I’ve stayed in a few!), and the village is very pretty. There’s a nice pub area (inside/outside seating) and a stylish bistro towards the back. The restaurant has quite an extensive menu and the quality is good. The hotel has typical country style furnishings. Its also quite obvious that this is the favoured pub/restaurant for the locals and the weekends can get busy and noisy, especially if a live band is playing. The hotel has a large car park round the side.
The room itself was fairly basic, but it was relatively large and had an ensuite bathroom. Unfortunately, because it was on a weekend, it was very noisy and we didn't get to sleep till 1 in the morning. The room was positioned above the kitchen (staff had their radio on loud and we could hear it through the floor boards) and it was also just at the top of the main stairs and we could hear the live music. Admittedly, we should have joined the party, but having no sleep the night before, we really just needed a decent sleep, which we didn't get till very late. If you are staying here, I recommend asking for a room at the back of the hotel. If the room was quiet, then it would have been very good value for such a popular area of Ireland.
The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, especially when I had a flat battery to my hire car the next morning! They went out of their way to try and get a mechanic to help jump start my car. Overall, this is a good hotel, but on weekends ask for a quiet room at reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Powerscourt Arms is an intimate country house that has been providing quality service since 1715. The character of this building lends to the charms which make Enniskerry so special. The Powerscourt Arms Country House is the perfect base for sightseeing and exploring all that Wicklow has to offer. The Country House boasts 11 well-appointed en-suite bedrooms. Delicious home-cooked food served daily using only the best of local produce. Country breakfast, lunch & extensive evening menu with blackboard specials is served daily in the cosiness of the lounge. The Powerscourt Suite located off the lounge is the ideal venue for group and private bookings where you can enjoy our home-cooked cuisine. The Bistro, Enniskerry an intimate, elegant & relaxing venue where our menus are full of classic bistro dishes and our daily blackboard specials allow the kitchen to create a continental style cuisine. Mac's Bar, a traditional Irish bar in the heart of Enniskerry village loved by locals & visitors alike. Our pub is the perfect place to experience true village life with a great atmosphere and personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Powerscourt Arms Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powerscourt Arms Country House Hotel Enniskerry
- Powerscourt Arms Country House Enniskerry, County Wicklow, Ireland