“Pleasant dining experience”

Byrnes Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Ennistymon
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant, Cafe with rooms over looking the famous cascades in Ennistymon. Family owned & operated, spacious dining room with stunning views, specializing in reasonably priced seafood.
Reviewed 14 June 2017

My party (5) came here on a Friday evening. The restaurant was fairly quiet at that point and we didn't require reservations to get seated. The menu isn't something you'll never see again (likewise, the drink options) but everything was fairly priced and enjoyable. Service was a little slow at points. Prior to placing our orders we were directed to the specials menu (with no qualifiers added) - and when we went to order (3 asked for the same-crab cakes) we were told that they only had two orders left. Bit of a bummer, and I wish staff had noted that they were running low on stock early on so we all could have been aware of the possibility.

We dined inside (poor weather) but the views from outside seating were very pleasant and I think on a nicer day, would be a lovely place to be.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Stayed at the nearby falls hotel and ventured here for dinner on their recommendations.

Was not disappointed. wasn't too busy and seated easily enough, had 2 courses each and 2 soft drinks and paid 50 euro, great value.

Soup and steak for both, both amazing. compliments to the chef. Staff really friendly also, great vibe.

1  Thank imills1878
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

I stopped by with some friends on the way from Cliffs of Moher to Cork.

Is a nice place where to have a break. Even if was a Saturday the place was not crowded, so staff could dedicate us time, always with smiles and kindness (which are always appreciate).

Menu is quite broad: I had a fish&chips and water. With around 14 € I was full and satisfied.

Recommended for a break along the way!

(One comment for improvement: fries were maybe too dry and crunchy, but I know this depends also on personal taste)

1  Thank Tex_Sherpa
Reviewed 8 May 2017

We spotted the terrace at Byrne's , coming over the bridge at Ennistymon, looked great so we stopped and were not disappointed. The service was very good, the location excellent and the food very very good.

1  Thank Pete K
Reviewed 2 May 2017

On our way to Doolin in recent day's my friend and I stopped off at the above for a coffee and scone.The restaurant is done out to a high standard with a log fire and art decorating the breast wall.The establishment is kept very clean and tidy throughout.The customer service and food were excellent.I have two points of constructive criticism I'd like to mention.Firstly the tables were covered in an oil cloth which made the restaurant look more like a cafe rather than the quality place it is.Also the waitress while attending to the tables (cleaning up) dragged the chair's on the floor instead of lifting them gently not to disturb the patrons who are trying to have a conversation in peace.Get these two pointers right and everyone's a winner.

2  Thank Mike M