“Best ever seafood restaurant!”

Barrtra Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Lahinch
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We're a family run seafood and steak restaurant in operation since 1988. We pride ourselves in sourcing the best local seafood and steaks and serve vegetables fresh from the garden. Situated on the Wild Atlantic Way against the backdrop of Liscannor Bay, the restaurant combines stunning views with a homely atmosphere and an old-style, Irish cottage charm.
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Found Ireland's best seafood restaurant down a boreen outside Lahinch (Lehinch) in Co. Clare. I had the 'mystery' seafood menu - all five delicious courses of it I had trout, monkfish,a sorbet, crab claws, Brill and finished off with a pear and almond tart with home made ice-cream. I would be hard pressed to say which course I found most enjoyable as they were all sublime. Clearly, the chef Lynn has an amazing touch with flavour combinations.The mystery meat was also an option and there was also an a la carte menu available. The location is off the beaten track but in beautiful surroundings. I will be back!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Booked supper here based on TA reviews. Quaint and busy. We ordered the chef's menu- they decide what is served-seafood/meat/veg. Our group split the options - we were able to get 2 options for each type- all pretty good. A la carte also available.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

This is a great place. If you are looking for excellent restaurants off the beaten path, Barrtrá is one of those. My wife and I had the surprise 5 course seafood meal. And a great suprise it was. From the smoked mackerel to the mussels, crab cocktail, the monkfish entree with potatoes au gratin and carrots and the thyme ice cream, the meal and service and staff made for an excellent dining experience. It was our first non-traveling day in Ireland and it made for a great impression and has set the standard against which we'll measure the rest of our restaurant experiences.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

This great restaurant is located in the countryside with a fabulous view of the ocean. It is very peaceful with lovely gardens and I have been luccky to watch the sun setting on the ocean.

The owner and chef Rubin prepares many different dishes in one night. I have been to this restaurant a few times and was never served the same dish. I always choose the seafood surprise menu. I am a celiac and am never disappointed. The food is fresh and tasty. The wine is also very good.

Last time we went there for a special meal, we all ordered a surprise seafood menu and none of us got the same dish. I do not know how he does it.
His staff are all very friendly and helpful.

We will be back....

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I went with my wife and 12 year old daughter after a recommendation from a local. We where very lucky to get a Booking so if you are thinking of visiting I would book in advance. They have a menu or you can go for the surprise menu, meat or fish. 5 courses and there wasn't one bad one out of the whole lot. Perfectly sized portions and very reasonable price. It doesn't look much from the outside but the food is out of this world. A must do if your holidaying in lehinch

Date of visit: August 2017