“Perfect meal!”
Review of VL Restaurant

VL Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Lahinch
Price range: US$ 45 - US$ 55
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: VL Restaurant is a fine dining restaurant at Vaughan Lodge Hotel. The Restaurant opens normally on Tuesday evening to Saturday Evening. Dinner only is served with a set menu and A La Carte selection. The emphasis is on classic french cuisine with a modern style and presentation. There are seafood and meat dishes and vegetarian options also. Booking is essential as numbers are limited each evening. Closed November to April
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Service and food were top class! We both went for the scallops for starters which were melt in the mouth. Mains were fab too. Would definitely recommend!

2  Thank s s
mavaughan, Owner at VL Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

So glad that we achieved the high praise you gave us
Spread the word ......

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner for the last night of our trip. A true dining experience--- choice of two or three course dinner from the chef's daily menu. The meal included little extras: canapés, palate cleanser and final sweets. Everything was beautifully presented and delicious with many plays on texture. A truly memorable experience and an outstanding value!

2  Thank Gsbraun
mavaughan, Owner at VL Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

I'm so glad we reached some high notes in the dinner we provided to you.
We are passionate about offering a quality evening to our diners.
Your comments are a real clap on the back to the lovely team here

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Myself and two friends had a casual dinner their last Friday the food and service was really good. I was surprised and how quiet the over all area was but that worked for us I had the smoked salmon and the fish and chips for mains which was the best I've ever had.

Will be back..... some time!!! Pics of Red Bull cliff diving not yeh resturant!!!!

2  Thank NADublin
mavaughan, Owner at VL Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for the kind words.
We are all very happy that you enjoyed the visit
We have added to the menu and service again this year and are so glad that you noticed our efforts.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Vaughn Lodge for 3 days and ate in the restaurant every day for breakfast and dinner. There were other choices in the area but the food at the hotel restaurant was excellent so it simplified our decision every day. I would highly recommend it, and the hotel as well. Our 12 days in Ireland was capped off at the Vaughn Lodge and we did save the best for last!

2  Thank Geri N
mavaughan, Owner at VL Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for the high praise. We have just been awarded 2 AA Rosettes , but reading your review was even more of a reward!! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our cuisine and service.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely amazing restaurant and superb service. I rang the evening before we arrived to enquire about vegan options and they were more than accommodating to my dietary requirements. They had a 3 course vegan menu prepared for me and had adjusted everything effortlessly to meet my needs. My food was as delicious as my friends who ate off the main menu. Easily some of the best food I've ever eaten - vegan or non vegan. I couldn't recommend it enough. Thanks for such a fab dining experience!

2  Thank Ruth W

It is great when we can get advance notice of a dietary requirement so John Gilmartin, our chef can make the best plans for the menu. We have a small kitchen brigade who only prepare for dinner service and that allows us focus on a quality experience over five nights.
Thanks for coming in to dine and for the review